PDA

View Full Version : Girl in red wagon

patonek
03-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Please give me advice on how to make her hair more blonde and pale in color. Her hair matches the wheat fields behind her and I can not seem to find the right combination to get her hair blonder.
I am so new to using this web site and to painting. I wanted to show both images and not just the head! So hopefully you will understand.

shirleyq
03-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Use combinations of white and yellow ochre and naples yellow. Most blondes have several colors so try not to make the color uniform. It looks like that you used only raw sienna..........is that right? Welcome to Wetcanvas! and keep painting..........if only gets better! :)

patonek
03-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Thank you so much for taking time to look at the painting and sending me a message. I had added a tiny bit of yellow but it doesn't seem to show up at all. I will add more to it.

Mikey
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I was going to say Raw Sienna and Naples Yellow Light when I read Shirley's reply. Naples Light is the same tone of lightness as Lemon Yellow, but mixes differently. It's great for mixing light colours even without white. The genuine version is made from lead though. Naples is opaque, so you can brush it over the Ochre, or Raw Sienna for golden highlights straight from the tube. It makes fabulous golden colours.

Mikey

patonek
03-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Thank You for your help!! I had such a hard time finding 'where' to post today and the first time I put my stuff on the wrong forum, (it was for finished paintings)....duh! I had typed a lot of information and by the time I found how to get to the WIP forum, I just typed a few sentences.
The story behind this painting is that my Aunt did it for me back in 1985 and it was of me as a child with my two best buddies. She did it from a photo and she painted the hair up in the old fashioned metal rollers. She gave me permission to change the hair and I think I should of left the hair up in rollers!!
Thank goodness for all of you and taking time to help us new beginners.
I usually paint landscapes. This is my first attempt at hair but I bet I won't forget all that I am learning.
Thanks again!