PDA

View Full Version : End

mansuri
12-08-2001, 06:08 PM
Oil on board 16X12

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Dec-2001/end.jpg

scottb
12-14-2001, 01:05 AM
It took me a while (its late, and my brain is toast), but I finally realized that this was the "neverending" painting. I love this type of work.

Interesting placement of color as well, with the complementaries, I mean. The white slaps me in the face - must ponder that one a bit more.

Time for bed!

Cheers.
Scott

colorme
12-14-2001, 02:06 PM
i like the color placement as well, very cool work :cool:

CarlyHardy
12-15-2001, 01:58 AM
I like works like this too! If I hung it, I'd turn it so that the white was in the upper middle and the smaller sectioned block was in the right upper corner. The nice thing is, if I got tired of it that direction...I could turn it again!
carly

mansuri
12-17-2001, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the compliments Scott, Carly and Colorme. A bunch of people have wanted to buy this study. Unfortunately, I can never bring myself to part with the work. Here I was experimenting with the colors and comp. Trying to make sure one didn't overpower the other (or maybe one ever so slightly over the other as you will see shortly...) . Everything has an end in our existence. However, I meant to show that means to the end is important. Even though the result is known, the key to life is the is the experience! Through it we may transcend into the neverending realm...

FM