PDA

View Full Version : Maui seascape in oils

Minibrush
02-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Here is my latest, at least I think I'm finished tweaking. Another view from Hawaii, this time off shore from Maui. Close up view was to show the little boat in the background, but it is still a bit tough to see.

Winsor & Newton Artists Oils
on Ivorine
3" X 2 1/8"

All C & C is most welcome.

Thanks,

Minibrush

Shelley Grund
02-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Oh, it is wonderful! So much atmosphere and detail. Beautiful.

Artguy29
02-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Very nice use of light here. Well done!

Dave

jody007
02-25-2005, 10:31 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow Beautiful Job!

Jody

thegodmother
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
How beautiful! The atmosphere is perfect!

gm :wave:

Minibrush
02-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks for looking and for the very nice comments everyone. there is something still bothering me about the light on the water. Maybe too much back by the beams of light. I wondering if I need just a few touches of dark in that area.

Thanks again,

Minibrush

valchina612
02-26-2005, 03:42 AM
I love it. So much beautiful detail. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

champagneharley
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Wonderful work. Bravo!
Regards,
Jillian

paintsplatter
03-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Teak no more...you've accomplished your task. Powerful image...there's nothing like liveing next to the sea to experience the true power of nature..and you have captured nature at it's finest.

ladydp2000
03-08-2005, 01:45 PM
So much drama and detail goin' on in this beautiful piece, Minibrush.I really love the radiant flashes of light from the night sky and shimmerin' upon the sea waters.That gives such and aura of mistery to this enchanting miniature! :clap: Dorian :wave:

Minibrush
03-23-2005, 02:43 AM
I can't thank you all for the wonderful encouragement enough, but ...Thank you. I will tweak no more.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I actually just returned from a two week stay in Hawaii. It was very wet, and a bit cold, and it's grown so much since my last visit. But I am so full of ideas and inspiration. It may take a long while before I am painting my Colorado mountain-scapes again. It was so great to have the time to just study the water, the movements, the clouds, the rolling of the fog and mist, the play of light on the lush green mountainsides. But the jet lag has been a tough one to tackle this time. :o

Minibrush

Bertoni
03-23-2005, 08:23 AM
The light on the water works beautifully! Hurrah!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
A winner!!!!

miek37
03-25-2005, 11:05 AM
What beautiful atmosphere! Having lived by the Pacific and now the Atlantic oceans you have got it 'dead-on'! I can hear the roar, smell the salt and feel the spray!! Thanks for letting us see it!! Helen :clap:

Minibrush
03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Thank you bertoni and Helen. I appreciate you checking it out. I need it for a show in the near future, so very glad to hear it works.

Hi, helen. I just returned from a visit to Hawaii, and just posted another wc here in miniatures that was our only sunny day. I need to go snuggle up to that painting, as I miss the salt spray, we had a lot of that. :wink2:

Thanks again all,

Minibrush

Charlie's Mum
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Another nice painting - I like the detail as a stand-alone too!
It was looking at that which made me wonder if a little highlight would catch the mast of your boat - as it's caught in the light rays?

(I'm trying to imagine Hawaii cold!!!) :D