PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Geese

sassybird
12-07-2001, 02:05 AM
This piece is a linoleum cut printed on Rieves heavyweight in black then hand colored. I'm sure some of you have seen this in another forum, but until I can begin making prints again you will just have to suffer through seeing some of my older imagry.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2001/Abstract_Geese.JPG

arlene
12-07-2001, 09:09 AM
NO, I haven't seen it...it's excellent. love the flow and the hidden geese...

Gisela
12-07-2001, 11:10 AM
I missed this when you posted it before - it's wonderful! Did you paint the paper and then print with the black ink? Or is the paper black and you put different colors on the lino?

Dom't worry about out 'suffering' - I'm dying to see more! :D

Gisela

sassybird
12-07-2001, 07:45 PM
Gisela, I printed on white Rives heavy weight. That is a stock paper for me. I then printed the linoleum cut in black, let it dry and then hand colored each print for a varied edition with watercolor. I only printed 8 of these, and this is the only one I have left.

ZOTMA
12-07-2001, 07:54 PM
I saw it before, loved it
good to see it again here
thanks for including the info about the paper
I have a question about that actually;
do you dampen it before printing or do you print your linos dry?

sassybird
12-07-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ZOTMA
I saw it before, loved it
good to see it again here
thanks for including the info about the paper
I have a question about that actually;
do you dampen it before printing or do you print your linos dry?

ZOTMA, I print my lino and wood cuts on dry paper. The only thing I soak my paper for are my intaglio prints and my dry point etchings.

Leaflin
12-09-2001, 09:11 AM
I really like this Sassy :)

timelady
12-09-2001, 01:06 PM
I like it too. :) Hand-colouring linos isn't really my thing but it's quite simple here. Nice.

Zotma, I sometimes use a spritzer to slightly dampen paper before printing lino - but only slightly and check there are no drops of water on the paper surface before printing. But that's because I like very solid black and often hand-print (using a japanese baren) rather than use a press. Another trick is to lightly sand the lino to get nice solid colour.

Oh, I can tell already this is going to be an exciting forum!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tina.

ZOTMA
12-09-2001, 04:03 PM
Yeyesss, thank you timelady for the tips
I do use a baren (don't have a press yet) and I've been experimenting with...well everything so it helps a bunch to hear about the sanding and spritzing. I will definitely try both. You're right about this forum being exciting, I've already gained a bundle from what's here.
thanks!