PDA

View Full Version : THE OIL Gusher, February 21 -27

Pat Isaac
02-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Good morning everyone! It's snowing again, but only 7 inches predicted. So grab some coffee and let's share our news.

It's been fun to share our artwork, and now we have a place to get to know each other a little better, and share all that other interesting stuff that happens in our daily lives.

Tell us about yourself, your family (two or four-legged) and your ups and downs, or your in betweens.

The "Oil Gusher" is not the place to discuss politics, religion or our philosophies about life. WetCanvas provides both public and private chatrooms and a Debate forum for our members for this type of lengthy discussion. We want to make this a place for gentle camaraderie .

Please join us.

artbyjune
02-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Had to take my dog to the vet about his eye this week. Luckily not serious...just a scratch on his cornea and so an injection and eyedrops for Toby.

I've been taking the opportunity to practise with watercolours since joining in the postcard exchange project. I figure with all the postcards I have to do (24), my painting will improve.

Next week, I think I will get my oil pastels back out!!

Where is everyone?? :confused:

Pat Isaac
02-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog, June. I'm glad it wasn't serious. Must be hard to give eyedrops to a dog.

We had another snowstorm overnight, but it was only 8". We sure have had our share of snow this winter, more than ski country.

It is good to move around in the art mediums. I do watercolors also, but have not done any since last year. I keep thinking that I might get back to it soon, but I do love my OPs.

I don't know where everyone is???? I think they don't know it is here.

Pat

BeckyMc
02-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm off to visit my 101 yr old Grandma, this weekend. My kids are starting to worry that I've inherited her longevity, I think.

About this thread - I think it should be moved back to the Oil Pastel sub-forum. Most OP artists would see "Pastel Talk" and think that was for soft Pastels only. Perhaps, in a year or so, it could be moved to Pastel Talk - but the OP people are a reclusive bunch and prefer to hang out with their own kind. If there were a better acceptance of this medium, then perhaps they might feel differently. I voted against moving the thread, by the way, because I was afraid participation would drop off. I think that it would be neat for OP artists to have the benefit of advice from Jackie Simmonds, DeeArtist (I forget her real name), Kitty Wallis and all of the other talented Pastel artists (DragonLady, SweetBabyJ and 1mpete - boy everyone has such weird WC names!) - I wonder how Libby is doing? (I lurk in the Scrumble!!!)

There was a thread Kitty started one time about using one's own name in order to generate sales! She made some excellent points. Need to get busy - I hate to cause a problem, but I think this should be moved until the OP's are more established.

CarlyHardy
02-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Hi all,
Wanted to report that Ann (colormyworld) and I spent a great day running around visiting with some of my art pals, picking up paintings from a closing show, having lunch and painting plein air together :clap:

She is beautiful and delightful and I'm so glad her aunt and grandmother live near me. That means she'll get to come back for another visit!!

I will be offline much of the weekend spending time with my husband who is home for a few days :clap: so hope all of you have a great weekend!!
carly

Pat Isaac
02-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Wow, 101!!! That is amazing. My artist friend who shares my studio had her 100 yr old grandmother visit us at the studio several years ago. At that time she was traveling between her children, still very active. She was 102 when she died. I agree with you about the thread, Becky.
BTW Libby is fine. She and Olivia had bad colds and her computer was not working properly for awhile. I lurk in the scumble also.
Have a great weekend Carly, and how nice that you were able to spend time with Ann.
The place where I have my studio is having a going away party today for the manager of the building. He has been there for a long time and he will be sorely missed. He is such a great guy, very accommodating and knows that building inside out. Most of the artists who are able to come will be there so it should be a good time.

Pat