PDA

View Full Version : Here is my mini project - a GARDEN!

Buddyfly
02-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi Folks... just found out about this new forum and wanted to drop by and say hello! Thought I would post pics of my miniature garden I've done. There are five pics attached... hope they show up in this thread!! It has been a long time since I uploaded photos in here and things have changed!

This garden sat out in my garden last summer. I have brought in all the mini furniture pieces and left the walls standing out there... and of course the plants. I'm working on making some sculptures in J-Mac clay and will make molds of them and try to make a few 'gardens' to sell at my yard Art Show this spring. These little figurines are a little 'rough' in these photos... I worked directly with mortar mix on armatures. If use molds for the next one I make, there won't be any armatures and should look a little more 'finished'.

OK, now I will see if the pics showed up! lol

Marly

Pilan
02-21-2005, 05:49 PM
:clap: Marly, this is awesome work!! I may just have too do this out by the side of my house. Matter of fact, I AM!!! thanks for the inspiration. I do stepping stone with sculpted concrete on top and I have been wanting to work with wet concrete for several weeks now. Since spring is almost here I will be able to get all wet and to really dive in to designing a miniature garden like you have inspired me too do. Great work!!!! :clap:

JamieWG
02-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Marly, this is absolutely beautiful. What an inspiration!

Jamie

Buddyfly
02-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Wow, thanks you two! You make me feel like I did the right thing to post my secret garden. I hoped others would try it too... and inspire me in turn! lol

Marly

JamieWG
02-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Wow, thanks you two! You make me feel like I did the right thing to post my secret garden. I hoped others would try it too... and inspire me in turn! lol

Marly

Marly, you definitely did the right thing by posting it. I've got to show this to my daughter. She's going to want to do one too. It will be a great project for her. In fact......It would be a great project for this forum! Might you be interested in leading a project like that?

Jamie

thegodmother
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Where can I get the time to create one more project that I'd never thought of before but now have to do???? I love it, Marly! (But my family won't thank you for feeding me more of my addiction....... :clap: :clap: )

I hope you make a ton of $$$ this summer at your yard show.

gm :wave:

Lady Rando
02-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Marly, I'm soooo glad to see you found your way over here. I love the mini garden and have been thinking of doing something like it myself. Thank you for sharing. :)

valchina612
02-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Adore your Miniature Garden Marly -- such an inspiration. Good luck with your Yard Art Show. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

paintsplatter
02-26-2005, 10:45 AM
What a great idea!! You've inspired me to look to my backyard and dream up a garden I really would like to have...hummmmmmmmmm..this sounds like plan..maybe when my husband sees what I actually want for the backyard he might actually be inspired enough to start it. Am I dreaming again??

jody007
02-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Adore your Miniature Garden Marly -- such an inspiration. Good luck with your Yard Art Show. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

This is lovely Indeed!

Jody