PDA

View Full Version : untitled...need help!

pero lane
02-20-2005, 11:28 AM
24" X 24" / acrylic / canvas

Have been putting on and taking off paint on this canvas for the past few weeks...trying to work through a block :( . I need fresh eyes on this one please. Glare on the right is from the camera.

The darker version is a possibility on where to take this. Anything you've got as I'm in frustration mode at this point. Should I just gesso it and start anew??
Thanks all!! :)

Spyderbabe
02-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Pat this is looking so dark on my monitor its hard to say. I see the red as sort of a sweeping tree branch of color but it takes up so much of the canvas... maybe you could break it up so we could peak between the branches to see what might below?

Jim Updegraff
02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Number One tells me Iím looking out a second story window at a tree with very vivid autumn foliage. Number Two tells me I am seeing a Bessemer Converter at work just before the compressed air is turned on. I know itís a matter of taste and personal preference, but I prefer Number Two.

pero lane
02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Kathleen...thanks for the help! I've decided to just scrap it for now and start fresh. This scene wasn't planned just sort of evolved out of the numerous coats and scrapes of paint. I had thought of opening up the branch but I don't think I could duplicate what was underneath! :D

Jim..thanks for taking a look! I'm not sure what a Bessemer converter is :confused: but I also prefered the darker version but have since scrapped the entire idea. Every few months I go through this "thing" where everything I touch turns to ****! I'll keep at it and hopefully come up with something great for my efforts! :)

Thanks again all!

Mikey
03-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Pat, my preference is for the first with all of that detail bottom right.

I seem to recall that a Bessemer Convertor is the thing which brings a steel furnace up to heat. Can't be sure these days.

Mikey

shirleyq
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Pat. I hope that you put this away so that you can finish it someday as I think that it holds promise. I especially like the first version - the multitude of colors in the bottom right. Some of that same detailing in the large block of color upper left - not much - just some to break up the mass would be a good place to start. The great thing about abstracts is that it can look like a disaster one minute and after a few strokes look like a masterpiece. :)

pero lane
03-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Update: The above painting is null & void...sorry Shirley :evil: :D I saw your post a week after the fact! Anyway...this is what's become of this canvas.

shirleyq
03-14-2005, 12:18 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool: