PDA

View Full Version : Water soluble vehicle

CBHutch
02-19-2005, 07:58 PM
I received my order from Graphic Chemical and they also sent a quart of water soluble vehicle by accident. They said I should just keep it since it will cost them more by the time they pay the shipping to get it back. So now I have this quart of stuff on my shelf that I have no idea what it is or what to do with it. This brand new printmaker would love some insight!

Thanks,
Cheryl

Printmakerguy
02-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I received my order from Graphic Chemical and they also sent a quart of water soluble vehicle by accident....
...So now I have this quart of stuff on my shelf that I have no idea what it is or what to do with it.

Cheryl- You actually lucked out!!

The Water Soluable vehichle is the 'stuff' that their inks are based on. They reccomend that if you thin your inks at all, you use this rather than water- you CAN get away with water, but this provides better results. When I was at their shop (A reccomended stop for anyone that finds themselves in the Chicago area!) they gave me a quart of it along with my inks, so I could give it a shot (They are great people there). In addition to thinning, they make the inks more translucent, which can give interesting effects... Experiment with it!

-Andrew

CBHutch
02-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the news, Andrew! I'll give it a shot and play around with it. I think I'll also have to make a trip to Chicago soon to check out their place--we live only 1 1/2 to 2 hours away which makes a pretty good day trip.

Cheryl