PDA

View Full Version : Will he improve??

Fmalo
12-05-2001, 11:59 PM
I'm new to this site & I would like your opinion on the painting I'm uploading (if it works). You should be aware that it was done with poster paint on paper by my grandson when he was 32 months old. I am totally envious of the freedom & the brushstrokes. I guess I'm a little prejudiced.

:clap:

I just do watercolors, mainly landscapes & I am not qualified to tell if an abstract is truly any good, so I would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks,

Frank

ps: I hope the file I tried to attach comes through OK

dnip24
12-07-2001, 11:28 PM
looks excellent your first attempt.
I hope to see more pictures by yourself

Fmalo
12-15-2001, 07:01 PM
Hey Dnip,

Thanks for answering my post - You win the prize:clap: . Out of 70 who looked at it, you were the only one to say anything about it. Must be a bunch of bashful folks here.

Actually, I thought this work had better brush strokes & technique than some I've seen here.

Keep painting,

Frank

colorme
12-15-2001, 09:39 PM
hey frank don't feel angry, people don't appreciate some art here..hmm it's happend to me too many times, and i just foget it and move on..i like this but i wish you had saved it as a jpeg instead of a bmp/gif, it takes away much of the original colors..

Fmalo
12-16-2001, 12:16 AM
Hi Colorme,

I'm really not mad at all. I think I was just trying to get some reaction. I see in a lot of the forums that many more people look at a posting without responding that the ones who do respond.

I have a tendency to making waves which are really mere ripples anyway.

Thanks for the tip about not using .bmp files - I'll keep it in mind.

Nice to meet you.

Keep painting,

Frank

Fmalo
12-16-2001, 12:26 AM
I just noticed that the two of you who were nice enough to respond are flying the flag of Puerto Rico. It's a beautiful Island & the few times I visited, I found the people to be warm & friendly, too.

I took a photo of a building in Old San Juan of a storefront - very colorfully painted & I know it had a historical significance some important leader, but can't remember(The figure in black reminded me of Charlie Chaplin). My intent was to try to do a painting of it, but I haven't done so yet. Have you any idea what this is. If I knew more, it would help me when I try to paint it.

Keep painting,

Frank