PDA

View Full Version : I like today's plein air piece

Kitty Wallis
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
It was a beautiful place on a sunny day. Cold and windy, but hey! did I say I needed everything? :D

18x24, pastel :wave: with underpainting on :wave:
about 3 hours

SweetBabyJ
02-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Ohhhh! I likes it, too!! Look at all the colours you saw!! No greengreengreen pine trees everywhere, no moss, no nasty tangles of wet weedy things- this is beautifully serene. Good on you!! Congratulations!

Kitty Wallis
02-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Julie
:) :) :) :wave: :cat:

DMcGowan
02-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Ooh, Kitty, it's gorgeous! I need to get outside and DO something! Thanks for the motivation.

tURBOCAT
02-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Beautiful and the COLORS! And I love the feel of the strokes - seeing movement. Love it.

Johnnie

Khadres
02-15-2005, 11:59 PM
All that fresh air seems to agree with ya! Love it!

Kitty Wallis
02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for moving this, mods, I was not thinking too clearly after my day in the wind. :)

Meisie
02-16-2005, 02:19 AM
Wonderful Kitty!
Love your colours and the whole mood of the piece! :clap:

Meisie

jackiesimmonds
02-16-2005, 03:06 AM
YUMMY colours. Makes me want to go there. I bet I wouldn't see those colours tho.

J

Mikki Petersen
02-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah, Jackie, I've noticed that Kitty has a special eye for color...she seems to see what would look good instead of what is. This is wonderful Kitty! It really has a fresh feel to it...even a bit of a departure from your usual palette, not that there is anything at all wrong with your palette any of the time. I can even feel the crispness of the day through the warm colors somehow.

I think one of my problems with plein aire apintings is that I always feel like I should be doing them really fast. I like hearing that you are spending several hours on these piece. It shows, too.

Mikki

Paula Ford
02-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh how beautiful Kitty!!
I learn so much from observing your paintings. Your colors are brilliant.

Paula

meowmeow
02-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I love it....yep....you do have a way with color.

What paper did you say you used? :D:D:D

Serene it is...and I love how the light is peeking back there are the back.

Thanks for sharing!

Sany

Kitty Wallis
02-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for your fine comments, d, Johnnie, Sooz, Miesie, Jackie, Mikki, Paula, Sandy.
I'm going to try for a better photo today, this one is fuzzy.

K Taylor-Green
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Ooooooh and Awwwwww, absolutely gorgeous, Kitty!

Pinecone Conniff
02-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Very glowing and luminous!! :cool:
You are very brave to paint an 18x24 plein air! In the 3 hour time span-- Did you anticipate the light? Or capture it last after you blocked in the main areas? :confused:
I find it difficult to paint past a 2 hour window because the light changes so much by then...so I am curious about your technique!
Annette

Kitty Wallis
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Very glowing and luminous!! :cool:
You are very brave to paint an 18x24 plein air! In the 3 hour time span-- Did you anticipate the light? Or capture it last after you blocked in the main areas? :confused:
I find it difficult to paint past a 2 hour window because the light changes so much by then...so I am curious about your technique!
Annette

I was lucky in the site this time. I usually have trouble with the light moving, having to 'set the stage' then dress it with the light as late in the process as possible.

The light didn't move. This is only the second time I've painted at a site where this was the case. The high ridge to my right was to the south, and the Sun rode along that ridge, past my right side, throwing almost the same directional light across the beach and the water all day. I didn't know it would happen. It just did. I painted from 11:30 to almost 3

Kitty Wallis
02-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Ooooooh and Awwwwww, absolutely gorgeous, Kitty!

Thanks, Kate.

Tom Christopher
02-16-2005, 11:06 PM
KITTY-This is very a very warm and relaxing piece. the colors make the painting IMO.. beautiful and unique..thank you Tom

Laura Shelley
02-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Man, those colors are just about edible. :) I agree--it's lovely, and 18x24 outdoors? Wow! I am not much of a plein air painter, but this is inspiring me to try.

E-J
02-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I like it too :)

I am always impressed by the way you observe and paint the ripples on water.

Must be nice to live in a place where there is natural light!! Grey and dull here again today. *Sigh*