PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur completed

joemajury
12-04-2001, 09:53 AM
At last, I hear you say.
I dont know HOW long I have been working on this, it seems like ages.
Anyhow, here are a few shots taken from different angles of the completed piece.
I have stuck a Mann in one to show you the size of it
( approx 3 1/2 ft long by 2 1/2 high )

If you have missed the making of this, you can see pics I took as I went along at :-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24076
and
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23309

Thats it. done and dusted, now all I need are a few suggestions on what to DO with it - keep it clean please :D

Joe
;) ;)

auntie_chaos
12-04-2001, 10:54 AM
These are GREAT, Joe!!! Been waiting to see how this turned out! What a great idea for using those CD's ... LOVE it!!! Thanx for showing us the different poses too. :) :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cool: :p

Studio224
12-04-2001, 11:09 AM
Beautiful Joe!

You did well! This is a great techno dino! I love the pic where the dino is "tasting" the man...

Anne-Claire

Ivyleaf
12-05-2001, 04:51 PM
Oh, way cool, that long in the making looks like Dino was rather hungry! LOL

:) :) :)
Ivy

MissMouse
12-05-2001, 06:10 PM
Joe this is GREAT - he has a taste for wood I see.

animal
12-05-2001, 06:20 PM
This is GREAT Joe!I especially like the photo of your dino eating the man. :clap: :clap:

dnip24
12-05-2001, 06:26 PM
Cool!:) :) :) :) :) :)

sajemak
12-05-2001, 06:32 PM
Joe...that is awesome! What did you make it out of????

Christie
12-05-2001, 08:30 PM
Joe, you have my son laughing at the man in the dinosaur's mouth. He is off to get MY coloured pencils because he is "inspired". I shudder to think what is going to be produced artwise in the near future.:D

sassybird
12-07-2001, 04:28 AM
Joe, your imagination never ceases to delight me. He is wonderful, and a testiment to ingenuity with the use of found objects. I would love to sit and play with you for a day:D I bet you were a wonder at tinker toys and lincoln logs. Those were my favorite toys while growing up.

joemajury
12-07-2001, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by sassybird
Joe, I bet you were a wonder at tinker toys and lincoln logs.

Sassy,
I can honestly say I have never heard of these toys :(

Sam,
Its made from an old piece of plywood, old Cds that you get free with computer mags, tin foil and paper mache

Christie,
Send me his pic, I would love to see it

Joe
;) ;)

impetuous
12-08-2001, 07:41 AM
Great Dino!
I've been watching the making of this very closely, and love the way it has turned out. What a neat idea for all those free CD's! How on earth did you cut them?, they seems so brittle.
So what's in store for Dino in the future? do you have he/she booked in to the Natural History Museum?;):D

sassybird
12-08-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by joemajury

Sassy,
I can honestly say I have never heard of these toys :(

Joe
;) ;)

Joe, I don't even know if they make lincoln logs anymore. I haven't seen any in 30 yrs, but they were a little wooden logs cut kind of like a the ones they use in log cabins. You could build forts, houses, whole compounds and then play with your little toy soldiers or other small toy people in them :)

Tinker toys are small shapes that can be put together to make all kinds of things from buildings to robots......lol I used to play with them for hours on end.

joemajury
12-08-2001, 09:59 AM
The Cds were cut using nothing more than a good pair of scissors.
A LOT of them shattered - probably more than half, but I had loads, some seem to cut better than others.

Joe
;) ;)

Leaflin
12-10-2001, 05:41 PM
What can I say Joe...... This Is Absolutely Fantastic :D

Paul Davis
12-27-2001, 12:43 AM
Very cool dino! My kind of fun art.
I use a paint brush to clean my found object sculptures. I'll post a photo of one soon.
Keep up the good work!