PDA

View Full Version : Maisie in progress

GeraldineNesbitt
12-03-2001, 10:37 AM
last image too large

having started this portrait I would like advice on what colour pastels to use to pick out the shadows

GeraldineNesbitt
12-03-2001, 10:39 AM
Forgot to mention of course I havn't started the teeth yet and any advice on that too would be great.

stealth
12-03-2001, 01:49 PM
are you working from a photo or from life if from a photo you may want to post it ,any color can be used as long as the value is right.if you lay red down first and then green and the blue last this can make a good shadow but any color can siffice most people use a dark brown i would try experimenting on a seperate sheet of paper until you find the right color combination and value,apply lightly.teeth are normally painted in around the teeth first with very few lines between them they should blend together in most areas,as far as color i normally use a light blue,or off white .hope this helps.very well drawn.

joemajury
12-03-2001, 05:59 PM
I think you have done a great job on this so far, really captured her beauty and innocence.
Dont use white for the teeth, but an off white, lets see more of the shots as you work on it

Joe
;) ;)

mim
12-03-2001, 06:14 PM
Can't help you much with the colors - I'll leave that to experts.
Just want to say this is lovely - so beautiful and lifelike. Can't wait to see how you progress.
Good luck.

Baby Blue Whale
12-03-2001, 06:29 PM
Thanks for posting the progress shots! You've really captured a liveliness in just this part. I just love it. I'm not really good with colors but you have some excellent suggestions thus far! Can't wait to see this little one finished.

Warmest,
Laura