PDA

View Full Version : For Sassy

Gisela
12-03-2001, 12:41 AM
Ok, Sassy -- you asked for it! :D

Here's my first monotype print. I meant for it to be kind of subtle...but I think I went a lttle too light on the ink. I wanted a colored paper, so I misted the paper with water tinted with India ink for a greyed-down tone. This is 7 x 10 on Washi paper

Gisela

colorme
12-05-2001, 10:02 PM
this wasn't for me ;) but i still like it:) i love using india ink, and i think i like the lightness of the ink. very nice:)

sassybird
12-07-2001, 01:53 AM
Thank you thank you thank you :D :clap: :D :clap: :clap:

Alright, gal!!!!! Way to go! This is a great image, and spraying the paper was a good idea. Remember you can print out images then go back and hand color each one. That gives you a varied edition, and I've found that people really go for that sometimes.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Oh, man, I want my press!!! I'm gonna bug Griffin everyday with emails until they send it to me. 6 months is a long time to wait, especially since the darn thing was paid for in full in advance.

You keep printing and sharing with us. I know it will keep my creative juices flowing. Did I tell you that I have a plate for Christmas cards and 4 other plates ready to print? I'm just patiently waiting :(

It feels good to recruit another into this medium :D If you have any questions that I can help you with just holler. I will be more than happy to rattle on for pages........hehehe

Leaflin
12-07-2001, 08:14 AM
Hi Gisela :)
I was waiting for Sassy to post before I told you how much I like this piece.
I can feel the crispness of the day.
Congratulations on your first monotype.
You did great!!!

Sass I'm sorry your press hasn't come yet :(
Looks like Santa may have to make room for it on his sled!

Gisela
12-07-2001, 10:14 AM
She like it! she really likes it!! :clap:

Thanks Colorme, Sassy and Leaflin!

Quote from Sassy;
It feels good to recruit another into this medium If you have any questions that I can help you with just holler. I will be more than happy to rattle on for pages........hehehe

Oh, I'm gonna have lots of questions!! This is such an exciting way to work! It is thrilling me to no end that I don't know what things will really look like till the last step. I love surprises! :D I find it's getting harder and harder to leave the studio - I just don't want to stop. Even when I go to bed, I'm dragging books about printmaking with me and reading till the wee hours...:rolleyes:

Woohoo!!
Gisela

impetuous
12-08-2001, 07:50 AM
This is lovely! You can feel your nose all cold and tingly and hear the snow crunching underfoot.
Have absolutely NO idea how you do this prinitng process, but it's a gorgeous picture!:)