PDA

View Full Version : on-going project

artdude
12-03-2001, 12:19 AM
Well, I thought I would post a progress pic of an ink I posted here some time ago. It is about 3/4 finished (I hope) :)
I need to add a bit of shadowing within the reeds and long grasses, as well as a bit of light in the background.

I have put in a background with charcoal, but I'm not sure if it works with the rest of the ink in the drawing. I wrestled with what to do with the background for quite some time and charcoal was the only thing I could come up with. I'm not quite that comfortable with my inking skills yet, so I decided not to use ink in the background.

This is only a partial scan, but I tried to get most of the main subject area scanned to give you an idea of the entire composition. About two or so inches did not get scanned to the left side of the drawing. Let me know what you think. Thanks :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/leaninglog.jpg

RuthT
12-03-2001, 10:09 AM
Hi Artdude - good to see a post from you :)

I like the subject, and think the penwork is incredible !

You do have a dilemma though, the back ground does not say anything. There is no indication of what is on the other side of the water to complete the picture. If the background was completely black at least it would say 'this is a silhouette' (but then the bird would have to hop down onto the log :D )

Just MHO.

Take care.

artdude
12-03-2001, 05:14 PM
Hi Ruth:
Thank you for your "humble opinion" :D I think I will lighten the clouds in the background so the tree line will show up more. This will also allow me to put some reflections in the water. Hope that will help the overall composition :confused:

dnip24
12-07-2001, 04:32 PM
looks greatest your picture, good job