PDA

View Full Version : Drawing to etching on Photec photopolymer film

jimread
02-06-2005, 06:07 AM
I've had a go at drawing after seeing all the brilliant work on here and I finished this one yesterday and feel quite happy with it.

I am also writing an article on photopolymer printing for Alternative Photography DOT com, after months of corrections it's in its final stages and anyone who would like to see it would be very welcome, please send me an email.

Jim

Diane Cutter
02-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Jim... How did I miss this?! Very nice... I'm pm you my email because I'd sure like to read your article. Thanks for the invitation...

Diane

everfree
02-18-2005, 04:13 PM
:cat: Hello, I too am working with Photec- have been for about three years, with some good results. I hav'nt used ImagOn yet but was interested to read about you're opinion of it. I prepare my artwork using my Mac on to acetate- I either draw directly on to my tablet in photoshop or scan previously prepared work in.I laminate my photec on to zinc plates (have tried copper)and develop using washing soda. Its great to read about everyone else's work, I sometimes think that printmakers are in isolation------good to know that you are all out there working!

jimread
02-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Hallo there from Birmingham just down the A38, glad to see someone else from the Midlands on here.

I think your right about printmakers working in isolation, I only know of three here and only because I went on a short course at Birmingham Printmakers. I think the subject matter and the multitude of techniques keeps us apart, as well as the scarcity of people doing it.

Do people DO anything these days, most just seem to watch others :-)

Jim

everfree
02-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi! again I've been busy working on some step tests so hav'nt been on line for a day or two, Things are going well and the tone is beginning to get right. I'm hoping to get the timing on the u.v. light machine just right, and yes Jim, it seems we are not that far away geographically. I'll post everyone with news soon and some results. Its taking me some time to scroll down through all the threads and get to know everyone :wave:

Diane Cutter
02-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi, everfree... Welcome (belatedly) to WetCanvas and our little enclave here in the Printmaking Forum... so glad to have another serious printmaker chiming in with information. Between you and Jim, I should get back on that horse and try those photopolymer plates again...

Diane