PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...Finished!

KayleasFan
02-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Hello, Everyone!

I was an active member of this forum a year and a half ago. Had some health problems in our family that has taken a lot of energy and time. Everyone and everything are back to normal once again. I apologize for disappearing without a word. The people here feel like friends.

After a long, dry period, I'm finally back to my pencils. Whew! I've really missed them... and you! I've been lurking for awhile. Catching with things and people.

This little project is the first since things have settled down. Man, I am sooo rusty! The picture is of a pink lupine. I'm attempting an undercoating. I was impatient to see if it would work or not so I worked on the top flowers just a bit. The paper is Stonehenge and the pencils are Prismacolor. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the reference.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2005/25857-pink-lupine.jpg

Here's what I have so far.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2005/25857-lupine4.jpg

joannd
02-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Glad you're back. This looks like it will be very lovely. Didnt see your work before, but this doesnt look rusty to me!! How big is it?
JoAnn

ams
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
It looks like a good start to me. Based on this so far, I would be quite happy to be as rusty as you are. :D

Anne

KayleasFan
02-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Hello, JoAnn and Anne. Thanks for looking. It feels really rusty. I'm moving mighty slow on this. My eye is off. After I posted this I could see some values that need to be adjusted so I'll be changing those.

It's been nice to be back at it. I had forgotten how relaxing it is to sit and think of nothing but laying color down.

bobcat79
02-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Looks very nice so far. :clap: You'll still have plenty of time on this piece to change the values to get them just like you want them. I'm looking forward to seeing it when you have done some more work on it. I agree with previous posts.... I should be so rusty.

oakfeathers
02-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Beautiful start!--Vibrant color, I love the background.I'll be watching eagerly as this progresses. Anna.

Asher
02-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Welcome back! You're off to a great start on this piece. It appears that you're planning to put in those out of focus petals on the left side. If so, might I suggest that you leave them out? They don't add anything to the picture and most likely will be a distraction.

Sanford

KayleasFan
02-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Greg... a fellow Okie! I've just been working on those values. Amazing how you can look and look at something and think it looks fine. Look at it in another medium and it changes. I need to look at it in a mirror. That helps, too.

Anna... that background. I thought it was rich and dark until I started on the flowers and then it looked lime green. Several layers later it's finally looking better. I'll have to keep an eye on it once I start laying in the pink.

Sanford... those out of focus petals have really been gnawing at me. I want the finished piece to be 8x10. They are on the very edge of my paper and I've lots of room on the other side. Did that on purpose so I could frame them in or kick them out. I appreciate the advice.

Bcoulter
02-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Welcome Brenda!

It looks like I got here after you left, great to meet you! The layoff doesn't appear to have hurt you one bit, this is looking great.

I'm not sure I like the petals on the left edge, even if you fade them out as in the ref I'm afraid that they will serve no purpose other than to pull the eye away from the star of the show.

What do you think?

arlene
02-06-2005, 12:40 AM
i've taught bill well! lol. yes i agree with him about the petals on the left. i also think i like the green background against the pink lupine. you should consider leaving it. if you do want to put hints of pink in the background like on the left, you need to add more to other areas.

welcome back. you were missed. hope everyone is doing well now.

Rosa Weitzel
02-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Hello and welcome back, don't think I've met you. I like your lupine, very nice, the rust does not show, but I've heard it never sleeps. Looking forward to seeing this finished, I really like the background by the way.

Rosa

wet
02-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Welcome back!! I haven't met you either but I am glad everything is back to normal at your house. Rusty? You might feel that way but I can't see it from here. Beautiful underpainting! Will be watching. :wave: :D wanda

Katherine T
02-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Nice to meet you - there must be a lot of new faces for you.

I love watching a grisaille turn to colour and will be watching this one with pleasure. I'm also inclined to say eliminate the the pink splodges on the left.

Looking forward to the next stage of the WIP

Katherine

drawingmomma
02-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Welcome back! :wave: Glad to hear that everything is back to normal.
This looks great can't wait to see more!
~Dena

KayleasFan
02-06-2005, 02:26 PM
New faces... Yep. There are quite a few. To be honest, I have been lurking for a few months now so you all already seem like friends.

Thank you to all who have looked and commented. So the overwhelming vote is to lose the pink on the left side. They were nagging at me and it's nice to know that what I was uncomfortable with is not necessary.

Arlene, the bg has tuscan red in places. It's not showing up in the scan but it is noticable irl. I was hoping those touches of a red color would tie in with the really bright pink flowers.

Rosa and Wanda, it felt very natural to pick the pencil back up but it's my "eye" that is giving me fits. It doesn't "measure" like before but I can feel it coming back.

Katherine, wow. I have so enjoyed seeing your work and reading your words of encouragement and advice to others. The grisaille makes me nervous, hoping the colors I pick all work well together. My "ah ha" moment with grisaille was the rubber ducky picture that Arlene did. I understand the concept behind it, just trying to put the head knowledge down onto paper is the trick.

Dena, I'm slow. Veeerrryyy slow. It might be awhile but I'll post some more as soon as the grisaille is finished.

Thanks for the welcome... I've missed you all.

paintedhorses
02-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Welcome back! I don't post much, but try to check in frequently and always enjoyed your work, so it's a treat to see you here again.

Jeri

bobcat79
02-06-2005, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=KayleasFan]Greg... a fellow Okie! I've just been working on those values. Amazing how you can look and look at something and think it looks fine. Look at it in another medium and it changes. I need to look at it in a mirror. That helps, too.

Hi Brenda. Yes another Okie. I have been surpised how many folks from Oklahoma are on the site. I haven't thought about using the mirror. Thanks for the tip.

Claremore is a great place. My 9 year old son lives in Claremore. I've spent many an hour at the ballfield watching baseball and soccer games.

blondiedenise
02-06-2005, 11:30 PM
New faces... Yep. There are quite a few. To be honest, I have been lurking for a few months now so you all already seem like friends.

Thank you to all who have looked and commented. So the overwhelming vote is to lose the pink on the left side. They were nagging at me and it's nice to know that what I was uncomfortable with is not necessary.

Arlene, the bg has tuscan red in places. It's not showing up in the scan but it is noticable irl. I was hoping those touches of a red color would tie in with the really bright pink flowers.

Rosa and Wanda, it felt very natural to pick the pencil back up but it's my "eye" that is giving me fits. It doesn't "measure" like before but I can feel it coming back.

Katherine, wow. I have so enjoyed seeing your work and reading your words of encouragement and advice to others. The grisaille makes me nervous, hoping the colors I pick all work well together. My "ah ha" moment with grisaille was the rubber ducky picture that Arlene did. I understand the concept behind it, just trying to put the head knowledge down onto paper is the trick.

Dena, I'm slow. Veeerrryyy slow. It might be awhile but I'll post some more as soon as the grisaille is finished.

Thanks for the welcome... I've missed you all.

Welcome back! We haven't met yet, but your flower is looking lovely. I thought the same thing Arlene mentioned, that is if you want to leave the pink spots in you need them in other places. Not brave enough yet to say so on my own. Seeing your grisaille when you first posted it was my "ah ha" moment. I've seen it done in the HOF and have done it myself but not w/ the complementary colors. Seeing yours was when I "got it". A real light bulb moment!
Glad to hear the stormy seas have calmed for you. :D

Denise

pencils4me
02-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Hello Everyone!
I was an active member of this forum a year and a half ago. Had some health problems in our family that has taken a lot of energy and time. Everyone and everything are back to normal once again. I apologize for disappearing without a word. The people here feel like friends.

After a long, dry period, I'm finally back to my pencils. Whew! I've really missed them... and you! I've been lurking for awhile. Catching with things and people.

This little project is the first since things have settled down. Man, I am sooo rusty! The picture is of a pink lupine. I'm attempting an undercoating. I was impatient to see if it would work or not so I worked on the top flowers just a bit. The paper is Stonehenge and the pencils are Prismacolor. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome back!!!! So glad to hear that life has leveled out for you, and you've picked up your pencils yet again. This piece is looking just beautiful - keep going!

TJ

Katherine T
02-07-2005, 02:18 AM
Katherine, wow. I have so enjoyed seeing your work and reading your words of encouragement and advice to others. Thank you! It's always nice to get positive feedback. :cat:

I think the really important aspect of the WC site and this Forum is that we all learn from one another. There's such a lot of people here who've got valuable experience, different perspectives and insight to offer and we can all share in making progress if we post and/or comment.

Seeing your grisaille when you first posted it was my "ah ha" moment. I've seen it done in the HOF and have done it myself but not w/ the complementary colors. Seeing yours was when I "got it". A real light bulb moment!
And, look, you've had an impact already!

Cheers
Katherine

Jomitzi
02-07-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi Brenda
I dont think we have met but I think your WIP is really beautiful so far. To see your grisaille is very educational and I will be studying it closely. I feel you are right to get rid of the distraction on the left too. Your flower doesnt need the competition. Welcome back. :)
Jo

KayleasFan
02-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Jeri, glad to be back. This forum is hard to leave. ;)

Greg, Claremore does have great places for our kids to do their sports. At our house, we're into gymnastics and t-ball .

Denise and Jo, let's see if the theory is able to jump from my head to the paper. Like I say, I understand the concept now (Thanks, Arlene!) but does it make the leap to practicality? I have to fight temptation constantly to "Just do one little flower" so I can make sure it really, really works. But when I start getting nervous, I just look at those flowers at the top to get reassurance. The grisaille is almost finished. We laid tile yesterday so no time with pencils.

TJ!!! Hi! I LOVE Skwishee!! And look at you... a moderator. Wow...

Katherine, this forum must be better than a whole series of art classes. I've never had the opportunity to take classes other than the College of the WetCanvas. It's not intimidating to post your work, people are eagar to help and are encouraging.

KayleasFan
02-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Here's Arlene's rubber ducky grisaille I was telling you about. My "ah ha" moment. Arlene's "You're the One" (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138142&highlight=rubber+ducky)

(Fingers crossed this link works right...)

CAULFIELD
02-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Katherine, this forum must be better than a whole series of art classes. I've never had the opportunity to take classes other than the College of the WetCanvas. It's not intimidating to post your work, people are eagar to help and are encouraging.

It is great, isn't it! Just wanted to say I'm watching too - you have a fabulous start!

Nicole

bobcat79
02-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Nicole and Brenda, I have to agree. The posts have been extremely helpful to me. I've gotten more out the of the posts and the HOF than I have all the colored pencil books at the library.

Only 21 posts from being a senior member.

Jazz
02-07-2005, 09:00 PM
WELCOME BACK BRENDA!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It is great to have you back and I am so peased to read that your life is happier again, no need to apologise for just disappearing, family comes first :) .

Your flower is looking wonderful already, I was the same when I did my first complementary Grisaille, constantly worrying whether the true colour would cover the complement. So, it was a good idea to do a couple of the little flower heads just to reassure yourself, means you can concentrate better I think.

I love the depth of colour you have already achieved and I am definitely looking forward to seeing the next update :) .

Big Hugs,

ALI

KayleasFan
02-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Gerg, wow! In no time those 21 posts will be gone and you'll have that Senior Member.

Ali! Thanks for that very warm welcome back. And it is scary trying to imagine the pinks covering those dark greens. My fingers are really crossed for this. I fear I may have to confess later that it was just beyond my skills at this point in time. If that happens, well at least I'm back at my pencils and it's been good. :wink2:

Jazz
02-08-2005, 04:52 AM
It certainly does NOT look beyond your abilities, you are doing a wonderful job with it and I am 100% certain that the completed piece will be gorgeous! :)
Just keep looking at the top section and that will give you renewed confidence that you are indeed going to succeed.

Big Hugs,

ALI

bobcat79
02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Gerg, wow! In no time those 21 posts will be gone and you'll have that Senior Member.

Ali! Thanks for that very warm welcome back. And it is scary trying to imagine the pinks covering those dark greens. My fingers are really crossed for this. I fear I may have to confess later that it was just beyond my skills at this point in time. If that happens, well at least I'm back at my pencils and it's been good. :wink2:

Judging from what it looks like so far, I don't think it's beyond your skills. I'm envious, LOL. I started to put the little envy emoticon up, but he looks so grumpy. Would you post an update to see how it's coming along?

It's down to 13 posts now.

KayleasFan
02-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Greg and Ali - thanks for the encouragement. :wave: The proof is in the pudding, right? Let's wait and see how it goes.

An update is coming. I promise! :) I only get to work on this one or maybe two hours a day and those are not straight through. My house is a busy one so I get many interruptions! It's a long story but I have a five-year old granddaughter living with me and we just took in a high school senior who was left homeless. We're also building an addition to our house and are putting tile down in the family room. I hate grout. It's so messy!

I have four more flowers in the bottom right corner to finish and then the grisaille should be complete... until I check here for comments and advice! The pink spots are gone, values deepened in the top and the bg has had a bit more tuscan red added to it.

My fingers are crossed that I'll post tonight! Believe me, I am anxious to get this thing going! Can't wait to see what the pink does. Maybe tonight I will just do one little flower... Just one so I can see... :D

KayleasFan
02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
An Update! Finally... The background is not quite this sharp. I had to sharpen it just a touch so the grisaille showed more accurately.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2005/25857-lupine5.jpg

The colors I used for the flower are Indigo Blue, Dark Green, Jade Green, and Goldenrod. The background has these colors minus Goldenrod plus Tuscan Red.
I did use some magenta in areas where I was afraid I was going to loose details.

See anything that should be adjusted before I start on the pinks? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Bcoulter
02-09-2005, 10:28 PM
This is going to be beautiful Brenda!

sheeze, it already is beautiful! :D

KayleasFan
02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Awww... thanks, Bill!

Looks kinda strange, doesn't it. Like a negative or something. Come to think of it, I guess that is exactly what it is, huh.

Jomitzi
02-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Hi Brenda
This is looking amazing as it is, it is a great learning thing for me to see the underpainting for this. I am going to bookmark this thread for future reference.
Looking forward to seeing it with colour.
Jo

Jazz
02-11-2005, 12:07 AM
It looks wonderful!!

You are doing so much better than I did on my first complementary Grisaille, way to go you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am looking forward to seeing the true colour now, if those first petals are anything to go by it will look gorgeous.

The background is fantastic!!

Big Hugs,

ALI

chatfieldstudios
02-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Wow! Wonderful grisaille.....Welcome back!! :wave:

Exeter
02-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi Brenda,

I am also one of the new faces. Great to have you active again.

This looks great. As it is it can basically stand on it's own already for a type of value study. :)

Must say, i don't see any rust here.

Dave.t
02-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Hi Brenda
Speaking as a 'new face' too...this looks amazing...the detail is breath taking.

Learning so much too...'complementery grisaille'.... now there's a new concept for me to juggle with....off to the HOF again. :D
Will call back later to see this progress.

KayleasFan
02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Jo, Ali, Cindy, Werner and Dave - Thank for looking! I appreciate your support and encouragement.

I tried to post an update last night but I could never get the colors right. It's difficult to judge something when you can't see the true colors. I'll try again when I get home from work. I'll take a digi pic during daylight hours and see what happens.

It's been a true learning experience. First of all, just teaching my eye to see the values that are there was a real treat. This is something I will definitely do again if for nothing more than as Werner said, a value study.

In the deepest shadows, the green underpainting has been awesome. It has really helped achieve some good, rich shadows there. In the lighter areas, even though I used a much lighter green, I can't get the colors that I am wanting. It looks OK I think but the colors are certainly different than the picture. But that's alright as long as I like the end product, which I think I will.

I've got to say Cindy, this underpainting has been scary but nothing compared to your tea party underpainting. I am keeping an eye on that one!

Thanks again!

oakfeathers
02-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm loving this one! Complimentary grisaille is a new one for me too. I've tried grisaille with greys, but this seems to make very good sense to me. I'm not very experienced with colored pencils, so I have a lot to learn. Thanks for sharing--Anna.

KayleasFan
02-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey, Anna! I, too have a lot to learn and am having fun doing this exercise.

Here's the update I promised. The background is about the right color. There is a glare at the top left so the top colors of the flowers are not right. The detail on them do not show up either. :rolleyes:

Started the color at the top. I tend to complete by sections instead of an all over 'do'. I can see the wisdom of that. I find I'm using different colors and different techniques. :eek: :eek: Not good....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2005/25857-lupine6.jpg

Here's a detail. Just wanting to show how the green is showing through the pink. These colors and the amount of detail is just about right.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2005/25857-lupine6-2.jpg

Just havin' fun here!

CAULFIELD
02-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Beautiful! Hate that glare thing - always seems to happen in the most important spot.

What pink colors are you using?

Nicole

KayleasFan
02-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Let's see what pinks I have here... Dahlia Purple, Magenta, Carmine Red, Pink, Deco Pink in the very lightest areas in combination with white.

Like I say, I'm really just trying things out. Do you have any recommendations? I'm all ears and ready to learn! :D :D

Hey! When I grow up... I wanna make pictures that look into the life of a person like yours do. They are like Anytown, USA snapshots!

bobcat79
02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Brenda, this painting has turned out wonderful. The last one has really brightened up. I like your use of background colors and how they are blended together. I am learning a lot just from watching how this progressed. You are a very talented artist.

arlene
02-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Awww... thanks, Bill!

Looks kinda strange, doesn't it. Like a negative or something. Come to think of it, I guess that is exactly what it is, huh.
and that's just how it should look. you're definitely on the right track!

arlene
02-11-2005, 11:33 PM
brenda so you don't wind up with problems work the whole thing at once. i work my darkest colors first and move down to the lightest. there's an article by verdaccio and i think it's in our links to articles on grisaille...well worth the read even if it's referring to oils.

KayleasFan
02-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks, Greg! We're moving right along...

And, Arlene since I'm moving, I'm glad I'm on the right track! :wink2: But.... I think I over did the green. I'm having trouble getting some clear colors. What do you do for an underpainting when you don't want the influence of the complimentary color? Nothing? Just rely on other colors?

I know I should work the whole thing at once. Though I've just started with colored pencils, I've worked section at a time for oh... 45 years or so with graphite. You know what they say about old habits.

I'm halfway done with laying in the color by doing sections but I will finish the rest of it your way. You've never failed me yet! I really do see the wisdom of it. Near the top I hadn't settled on the order I was laying in color and really messed it up. If I had been doing it your way that would have never happened.

Since some seem to be interested in how this goes, and I really don't care if people see me mess up ( :D We're learning together here, right?) I will take a picture of this now. Then I'll take pictures as each layer is put down on the other half.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2005/25857-lupine7.jpg

and a bit more detail.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Feb-2005/25857-lupine7-1.jpg

See the lower left corner of the detail? That's where the green underpainting is showing and I really don't want it to be right there. That's what I'm questioning. I think it's probably going to happen again on the flower petal directly below it. Maybe I should try to lift some of the darkest green there.

Help!

arlene
02-12-2005, 12:33 AM
brenda i don't see a problem...more layers will solve the problem...since you're working dark to light put more layers on and go with lighter colors. if you can, go find my old rose drawing...why? because at one point it looks lighter then the others, and it wa when i lightened everything with white and then burnished it.

Glenspey
02-12-2005, 02:12 AM
This is lovely Brenda, the colours are wonderful and you have created such a lot of depth in the piece. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gayle

Katherine T
02-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Brenda - keep going, it's looking stunning. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Katherine

Bcoulter
02-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I don't see a problem either, the underpainting and layers will add richness.

keep on keepin on! :D

oakfeathers
02-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi Brenda, --Breathtaking!--I really appreciate what you are sharing--I can see that complimentary grisaille is going to take some experimentation as I go into it. What you are accomplishing with it is beautiful. I agree that the layers you are adding as you go will probably get rid of whatever is bothering you right now. Keep up the good work!-Anna :)

KayleasFan
02-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I found the rose WIP, Arlene and I've bookmarked it. Found some other threads of yours that discussed grisaille and have bookmarked those as well. Hey! I have an idea... why don't you write a book about colored pencil underpainting? Bet you've already thought about it, though. I'd buy one in a hearbeat!

Thanks Gayle, Bill and Katherine the encouragement. It helps to know that I'm going the right direction. I admire all of your works so it is mind-easing to know that this is going alright. I don't normally need so much hand-holding! :rolleyes:

Anna, I highly recommend doing a project like this. It's wonderful training for the eye. I am also gaining good experience with the media.

ElfeUra
02-12-2005, 05:07 PM
This is OUTSTANDING
:clap: :clap: :clap:
just amazing how you did! and will finish!
Wonderful done!!!

Rita

KayleasFan
02-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks, Rita! I appreciate your comments.

KayleasFan
02-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Another update. The yellow line separates the half (top) that I worked section at a time from the half (bottom) where I am working it all one layer at a time.

Seems like once the grisaille is down, things go much quicker after that. I still work at keeping the values correct but it's easier because I did most of that with the grisaille.

Single layer using magenta in the darkest areas and pink on the lightest areas. Several more layers to come.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Feb-2005/25857-lupine8.jpg

Weezy
02-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Brenda, You have just about convinced me to take a year or two off if I can come back this good, come to think of it, I think I tried that and it didn't work! :wink2:

In concert with all the others on this thread, this is a beautiful piece. I love the way you are handling the lupine. It is delicate where lupine is, and strong as well. The color is nice and strong too. Off hand, I'd say your stay away hasn't harmed a darned thing.

Welcome back, to stay I hope. :wave:

bearded bob
02-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Welcome back Brenda, and this is an outstanding example of the complimentary grisaille technique - beautiful, should be in a textbook somewhere. Are you writing one? I would buy it!

KayleasFan
02-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Weezy, thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be the pencils again.

Bob... I'll leave the book to Arlene. I'm just stumbling along here. This is an experiment that has been a lot of fun! BTW... loved your WIP on the green man. Your work is so interesting!

KayleasFan
02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I think I'm finished with this. The final decision depends on what the experts here have to advise. I'm going to set it aside for a day or so and depending on what was said here, I'll spray some final fixative on it and get it framed.

Thanks for your support, advice and encouragement. Soo... See anything that needs to be changed?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2005/25857-lupine10.jpg

And here's just a bit of detail:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2005/25857-lupine10-1.jpg

CP-4urI'sOnly
02-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Brenda, I'm in total awe!! Your work is exquisite!! I'm new to this medium and I can see I have a l-o-n-g way to go to meet your level of work!! Can't wait to see more!! :clap:

:wave: Sandy

KayleasFan
02-14-2005, 10:26 PM
We've must have been posting at the same time, Sandy. Thanks for the kind words. Colored Pencils are a great medium!

pencils4me
02-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Beautifull Brenda!!!

TJ

bobcat79
02-14-2005, 11:16 PM
(Whistles softly) Dang, you are good!! It's been a real education watching this piece come along. If there was a bowing emoticon, I'd do it now. Instead, :clap: :clap: :clap:

blondiedenise
02-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Brenda-
It turned out gorgeous!! :clap: Great comeback piece!

Denise

Lucio
02-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Wonderful! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Brenda, I tried to do a background like you did in your work in my thread "I see II" but I could not, congratulations!
Lucio

Exeter
02-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Brenda,

This turned out wonderful! :clap: Congratulations on a wonderful piece. :clap:
Thanks for a detail shot.

Katherine T
02-15-2005, 01:54 AM
I like the way you changed the background on the left hand side - really brings it out more.

Lovely work! :clap: :clap: :clap: It's beautiful - I'm hoping to see more of the same soon.

Katherine

Jomitzi
02-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Beautiful, really beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us, it has been a real education.
JO

bearded bob
02-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Spray, frame it and price it up Brenda - fabulous! :clap: :clap: :clap:

CAULFIELD
02-15-2005, 07:51 AM
:clap: Great comeback Brenda! What's next? :D

Nicole

KayleasFan
02-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for changing the title, TJ! :wave:

Thanks, everyone for stopping by, looking and commenting. It's been a lot of fun to be back at work again. I appreciate your encouragement! :D

The background is not quite as dark as the pictures. I'd like to have it darker IRL but overall I'm happy with it. I appreciate the advice from Katherine, Bill and Arlene to lose the pink on the left. It was the right thing to do!

What's next? Hmmm... I really want to do that crazy alpaca from Katherine's thread about the bad hair day. I have some sunflowers picked and ready to go, too. Choices, choices.... so many and so little time. :D

oakfeathers
02-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for sharing the experience with all of us--How great this turned out!!! This will be a tough act to follow!! -Anna. :clap:

wet
02-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Great finish Brenda!! :clap: wanda

Asher
02-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Beautiful job! I agree with Bob - frame it, hang it, or sell it!

Sanford

KayleasFan
02-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks Anna, Wanda, and Sanford!

Sell it? Oh, no. It has the perfect colors for my bedroom. I'm going to have it matted, framed and then perch it just above my bed. :D

Have any of you had good success selling your work on eBay?

Glenspey
02-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Absolutely stunning. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gayle

KayleasFan
02-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks, Gayle! :wave:

Henrie
02-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Hmm, I wish I were rusty, too.

It's just beautiful! :clap: :clap:

drawingmomma
02-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Beautiful!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great job!!

KayleasFan
02-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Thank you, Henri and Dena!

I've got to admit... the rust came off quickly. It was just the first few hours of getting my eye to cooporate with my hand that was off. The two of them (my eye and my hand) are playing nicely with others once again. :D