PDA

View Full Version : AN upgrade?

Wyobud
12-02-2001, 09:09 AM
I've been procrastinating about setting up my web page, keep saying I'll wait untill Artists Nation is updated. I check in over there every so often and don"t see much happening.

Will it be worth the effort or should I jump on the e-bay thing that seems to be popular?

Curious

BUD

scottb
12-02-2001, 09:17 AM
AN will be getting an overhaul next year - the e-bay interface at AN has been disabled until further notice, although you can still use AN to host your images and post on e-bay manually.

Moving this thread to the Art Business forum - you'll likely get lots more responses there.

Cheers.
Scott

tammy
12-02-2001, 10:38 AM
Bud,
I like the Auction route because of the variety of folks who go there to buy items. A person is almost sure to get a little spending money if they list items for sell there. I figure that if someone can list a quantity of items they may just make a good sum of money yet a few here and there will not make you rich. It is also good for recognition. Deciding what or where you want to go with your art should help you decide on what venues you want to try. I don't think that a professional artist would rely on the Auction route alone.
You will not make $1000S of dollar at auction unless you are well known to begin with. Also, so far selling on the internet has not made me well known off the internet either. If the Net died tomorrow, I do not know if I could sell my art offline. I'd have to go the Gallery route and that would be another ball game. So you just gotta know what you want to do. I haven't sold anything from Art-Agent (Artistnation) but I keep things there b/c I want to support WC and because I think that buyers of quality will buy from there. ( My art just hasn't become that kind of quality that those buyers want Yet).

CarlyHardy
12-03-2001, 11:43 PM
I have a website at artistnation for viewing when someone wants to see more of my artwork. Since I've been selling at ebay, I've had several responses to other paintings on my site.....so I know the viewers are looking at it.

Also, using the space at artist nation to store my images gives me the option of adding additional graphics to my descriptions....and if the ebay pics fail to show up, I know that artist nation will supply the buyers with more views!

I don't take the time to put all of my paintings on the website...since they usually sell in the 7 or 10 day auctions, but having additional paintings for viewing is a real asset to my sales.
carly