PDA

View Full Version : Waterfalls

Tamana
02-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Mixed on Canson - 15 x 11

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2005/18021-Chasing_Waterfalls.jpg

Closers:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2005/18021-WaterfallsSD1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2005/18021-WaterfallsSD2.jpg

Thanks always for looking and saying.

d-head
02-05-2005, 02:14 AM
I tired and ready for sleep. These will help me dream. They're lovely. All three -- color, balance, well all of it. I particularly fell for the first one. Good night.

Anne Londez
02-05-2005, 03:40 AM
It has a primitive feel, like a powerful painting on a rock wall. I like :clap:

Tamana
02-05-2005, 05:43 PM
d-head; Thanks for the kind words: Hope you slept well; the last two are merely details of the first. Sorry for the mis-clarification.

Anne; Wonderful way to see something. Thank you for seeing and saying.

Thank you both for your time, appreciate your words muchly.

Lynxes123
02-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Hi Tam, this is beautiful, it somehow reminds me of a stained glass window as if the light is somehow shining through it. :clap: I also love the figure outline in black, very pensive and somehow sad maybe.

d-head
02-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Thought that might be the case. But not to be Solomon in the face if giggles...

Lovely details.

Shapedoctor
02-06-2005, 03:18 AM
It has a primitive feel, like a powerful painting on a rock wall. I like :clap:

And Autumn too. The closeups are little worlds all their own, especially the eye. :)

pearlgirl
02-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Your expression is changing so much these days. I can still recognise your essence but the jumps are diverse. I am glad that you are vigourously following your creative urgings, but I have to say that it is a little difficult for me to let go of your previous work.
The strong worry in the woman's expression in this pulls me in. She seems to be longing for so much more than she is getting. To be looking toward a sketchy, blacked out face adds to my emotional reaction to this piece. I like where you're going even though I find myself struggling to keep up.

Tamana
02-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks so much, everyone. :)

Lynette; Beautiful vision, there. I can imagine it as such. I've always thought the expressions in stained glass were a bit sad and pensive too. Thank you for your words. :)

d-head; thanks for the second look. Appreciated. lol @ Solomon; yep -- been there too. :)

Shapedoctor; Grateful for the seeing beyond and the saying of. :)

Pearl; Great to see you back around these parts. Just as lovely reading your words. You know what, Pearl? I can't keep up, either and I'm TIRED!!! Thinking about taking a break for a bit to catch my breath and maybe delve into some studies, start a class whatever. I feel like I'm all over the place right now and it's definitely work: exhausting (imho). An inventory going on 300 pieces in roughly 18 months now. Sometimes you have to wonder, or ask yourself: "What the HELL am I pushing/working so hard for?" I don't show I don't market I don't sell - so I have no answers for even myself.

Appreciate you looking and saying as always. And especially your struggles to keep up and encourage despite the many changes.

Thanks again, all, for your time and expressions of such.

Her_Witchs_Promise
02-06-2005, 12:45 PM
wow. this is gorgeous.....

pearlgirl
02-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Why? You've been heading for your dreams. France will be your's girlfriend...much of your inventory would sell. There are many pieces of yours that I would buy.
I kinda encourage myself with that statement. As a self teaching artist I doubt the appeal of my work often yet you are self taught and I respond deeply to your work. So much of it pulls at my heart strings. Take a break...but know you are heading somewhere that is in tune with who you are.

Tamana
02-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Promise; Thank you. :)

Pearl; Amen: Thank you. :) I wouldn't worry about relations (or non) because you're self-taught. Some of the greatest artists have been self-taught. I have nothing against an education and fully recommend it to those with the desire, time and resources, eg - money! to pursue it. I would LOVE to take classes on art appreciation/history etc. (even though I read books)...but as far as having an instructor over my shoulder directing my brush - I don't know if that would do more good than damage being I paint from not a technical standpoint but an emotional one. I feel you're basically wired the same way. The technicals just seem to happen naturally somehow. I suppose if the instructor was of the same breed it would be a beneficial association - but could you imagine if he/she wasn't?! I've heard some disasters and praises about classes - I guess I'm just borderline about it and would rather learn one on one in a mentorship situation vs. a class enrollment. I wouldn't hesitate at all if I was interested in only technicals. But I'm not and to rock the boat I'm in right now could prove more detrimental than influencial, I feel. I read, feel and listen from those whom I respect and admire (and ignore those I don't) - oh, and I paint. ;) That's the extent of my education. :cool:

Lynxes123
02-07-2005, 01:23 AM
:wave: Hey Tam, I took art in college over 20 years ago and from what I've seen through the years (mostly on the internet), self-taught artists are every bit as good as ones who went to school for it. I can't tell the difference when I look at their work. I think talent for painting comes from within the person, not from art classes. Even though painting is my favorite form of art, I only took one painting class when I was in college because I didn't much care for the professor, I thought he was narrow minded and didn't care for the one type of painting style he preferred. I took more drawing and pottery classes. Tam, I think your wonderful vision and talent comes through so beautifully in your art. Wow, you have 300 paintings done in the last 18 months, that's fantastic. You are bursting with artistic energy but that's what it's all about! :clap:
Lynette

Tamana
02-07-2005, 07:26 AM
:wave: Hey Tam, I took art in college over 20 years ago and from what I've seen through the years (mostly on the internet), self-taught artists are every bit as good as ones who went to school for it. I can't tell the difference when I look at their work. I think talent for painting comes from within the person, not from art classes. Even though painting is my favorite form of art, I only took one painting class when I was in college because I didn't much care for the professor, I thought he was narrow minded and didn't care for the one type of painting style he preferred. I took more drawing and pottery classes. Tam, I think your wonderful vision and talent comes through so beautifully in your art. Wow, you have 300 paintings done in the last 18 months, that's fantastic. You are bursting with artistic energy but that's what it's all about! :clap:
Lynette

:wave: Hey Lynette!! THAT (the emphasis) right THERE is why I'm hesitant to take a local class. I've poked around and it seems the instructor of the local college is, how you say, a realist and it shows. Not sure if that would benefit me or not. Haven't checked in the city yet; that's probably my best bet there. Thanks for the beautiful words about my art, Lynette. You always did have a way of expressing them and it always (and still does) meant/means the world to me to hear such!! Thanks always for the encouragement!! :wave:

Theresa1021
02-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I love the secure & uplifting appeal it gives me while I look at it I want to take a dive into and look through the colors. :) Perfect!

bestof
02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Her face is a miracle. I'm so glad you put the close up of her cheek. I'd like to see this in person.

I sit and watch
as tears go by