GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Valentines Day Paintings
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Linen
Dimension: 5 x 7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Here are two more homeless dog paintings going on auction for rescue charity :)

Here is the description for the Doxie:
SWM (Single Wide Male) seeks life long companion. I am very needy but will be faithful for life.
I need a strong person that can lift short fat dogs.
I need a person that can help me excersice and eat right.
You should make lots of money as I have expensive habits.
I can be cranky but can't we all?
I love to redcorate and would love a constant supply of blankets and pillows to shred.
I can be noisy at times but I like quiet nights napping on the couch.
I love to snuggle in your nice big warm bed.

Do you think we could be item? I'll bring the wine:)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any suggestions welcome :)

purplepansey
02-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Those are really lovely paintings. You are very imaginative to come up with this idea. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentines day to those adorable dogs.

Dana Design
02-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh, Stella! I could very easily be one of those people you see on TV that hoard animals. The write-up on the doxie was wonderful....bring the wine. LOL

These are just terrific paintings! The little terrier is well drawn and painted and I'd recognize him anywhere.

The doxie is true to the description. The eyes on both dogs have their personalities painted into them.

I love what you're doing. Wouldn't these make great note cards?

Spyderbabe
02-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Stella - this is charming and cleverl. The dogs look great. I want both the dogs and the paintings.
Kathleen

Tamana
02-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I want that Doxie!!!! (I wish...) Wonderful description, Stella! :clap: The bottle's a nice touch. The eyes are so sad in the dalmation and yet hopefully faithful in mankind. Sigh.

Life seems so cruel at times; if every person/animal just had enough love what a difference it woudl make in the world. I love what you do and why you do it; you make such a difference in "life" with these paintings, Stella.

Just wonderful.

roberj
02-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Both paintings are wonderful, hope they sell high. Especially like the first one, very nice paint handling there.

Bob

capricorne
02-05-2005, 06:18 AM
The composition of the first painting is super I think, I like that kind of clear and simple valuepattern. Also like the red acent of the rose! The second painting' composition is not my favorit.Think a connection to three pictureborders and the dog should be better.
Jan

Andrew Rance
02-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Agree with Jan - the first one's a beaut! Second one doesn't quite come off - needs anchoring to the borders, perhaps, and the legs/paws don't look quite right, but the concept is terrific.

pero lane
02-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Stella..your heart is as big as your talent! :)

NHyde
02-05-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm with Pero! These dog paintings of yours are charming and they say as much about you as the dogs themselves. The black, white and shot of red on the first one is very striking.

Cheers,
Nicole

giniaad
02-05-2005, 01:59 PM
such a worthy and admirable cause
sweet...nicely done
(would only like bottle shape a bit better)
like the color combo in the second
best of luck

Gilberte
02-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Stella..your heart is as big as your talent! :)

ditto !

SMViolano
02-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I really appreciate the fresh eyes on these paintings- they were done during two all-night paintings sessions and one looses perspective after hours at the easel.

The composition of the first painting is super I think, I like that kind of clear and simple valuepattern. Also like the red acent of the rose! The second painting' composition is not my favorit.Think a connection to three pictureborders and the dog should be better.
Jan

Jan,
This is bothering me too- I toyed with the idea of shadowing behind the dog and up the wall but am not sure this is the answer... I will dwell on how to blend the subject in better with the surroundings. I will also touch up the feet and straiten the bottle :D

Thank you Purplepansey, Kathleen, Caroline, Dana, Andrew, Pero Giniaad, Bob Gilberte and Nicole.

Tamana- You crack me up! I could just see you painting and dunkin laying on your lap- cutting off the circulation to your legs.... *GRIN!*

Dana, I could be an animal hoarder too- My Husband thinks I am already with
3 big dogs and a bird.

:p As is I cannot seem to create a painting that does not have authentic dog hair in it! :p

Thanks All!

Rieko
02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
How lovely and adorable they look! I hope they can get nice homes to be able to do everything you've mentioned and my besh wish to sell the charming paintings with high prices!

LisaArt
02-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Stella, Bravo! These are so good, I really love the first one. I like the style and paint texture. His little face is priceless. It would make such a great greeting card, you should have it photographed and get some prints made on cards before you auction it. It is my albsolute favourite of yours. And soooo cute!

LisaArt
02-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Stella, Bravo! These are so good, I really love the first one. I like the style and paint texture. His little face is priceless. It would make such a great greeting card, you should have it photographed and get some prints made on cards before you auction it. Perhaps I am selfish, but I would not be able to part with it. It is my absolute favourite of yours. And soooo cute!

SMViolano
02-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Rieko and Lisa!

Thanks so much for commenting :)

Lisa,

I am offering the rescue dogs as cards and shirts through Cafepress
and giving 50% to the animal rescues- I will be sure to add this one!

Thanks!!

nethra
02-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Stella,
both the paintings are beautiful.
the expression in the first painting touches the heart !
great work !!! :clap: