PDA

View Full Version : Pining for Spring REDO

Osteomark
02-04-2005, 11:38 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-04-2005/32048_GOLF_BETTER.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Pining for Spring REDO
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I redid this from scratch with tips from WC!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is the area behind the green too distracting?

Osteomark
02-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Here's a better photo.

Thanks,

Mark

Dana Design
02-04-2005, 02:13 PM
It reminds me of the golf course at Augusta. Isn't that a sand bunker in the bottom third of the painting? Everything is really well-balanced and the darks and lights with colors are so very pretty.

This is beautiful, nicely rendered and yes, very SPRING! A treat for my eyes this cold winter's day.

Osteomark
02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Dana,

Yes those are bunkers with shadows. The actual painting shows them better than here. The highlights on the grass is lighter also. I must have a bad monitor because the colors look too purple in the 2nd picture. I was trying to show there is red in the trees in the background and not isolated to the foreground.

P.S. Augusta #13 hole is my next project.

Thanks,

Mark

Moosehead
02-04-2005, 02:25 PM
I like this one much better. As I recall you wanted the bunkers as the focal point. I think you've achieved that here.

Looks like a tough green - only about 3 months until I can dust off my clubs!

Osteomark
02-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey Jon,

Warming trend here. About 8 weeks I figure and I'll be playing.

Yeah. Much better job this painting. At home with a dark green matte it even looks better.

Thanks,

Mark

Osteomark
02-04-2005, 05:14 PM
the second picture is purple hue overall for some reason. Not in actuality though. It does show however, the red in the background trees.
Is there a problem with the right green running off the paper or making a point of a triangle? I can add a branch there if needed.

Thanks,

Mark

Dana Design
02-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Actually, I don't think that's a problem because the reddish-pink brings the eye back into the painting whether from above or below.
(polishing my golf clubs)

purplepansey
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Having played a lot of golf in my life, the green looks like it needs fertilizer. Your painting is well done but the green bothers me and the purple shadows in the bunker look a little too artificial. Make the green, green, and the fringe area or frog hair near the green a little darker. You painting inspires me to get back out there and play a round or more. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing. :cat:

Tamana
02-04-2005, 10:30 PM
The purple/blue (who knows for sure on varying monitors?) disturbs me (but I admittedly know nothing about golf-courses or if it's supposed to be there and serves a purpose). I'm talking strickly palette - I really like the shadows you've acheived from the trees and the depth of the viewer's left provides enough tension against the red to keep it balanced as though trying to recover from a sandbar. :cool:

Spyderbabe
02-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Thos pinks just scream Augusta don't they? Your shadows are lovely, the green is well defined and the bunkers have great shadows emphasizing the fact that you will never get out of them :p
Looking forward to the next one!

Osteomark
02-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I love the humor you guys have :clap: Kathleen the idea that you'll never get out of the bunker is true and hilarius. And Dana if I look at that cat with the bad hair day again I'm going to wet my pants :D

Thanks a ton for the input everyone

Mark