PDA

View Full Version : Little Joe, Engelhard, NC

jimmy craig
02-04-2005, 11:30 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-04-2005/56981_Little_Joe,_Engelhard.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Little Joe, Engelhard, NC
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 12x24
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Boats, boats, boats, i'm beginning to enjoy doing them. This is one of a series of paintings of fishing villages, or rather the things contained in them. This painting has a heavy paint texture, I was trying to paint loosely...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments welcome. Thanks!

LisaArt
02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Jimmy, boats boats..I love love love boats ...and I love this.. :clap:
Smashing job! and interesting canvas..shape
I have no crits. ;)

artbabe21
02-04-2005, 01:12 PM
welcome Jimmy to WC and the OC forum... :wave:
Your painting is superb, it has a very painterly feel to it! Love your water & reflections! Look forward to seeing more of your work! :D

Dana Design
02-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh, my! This is beautiful! What you've done with the water is brilliant and the boat.....well, I'm liking that you didn't feel it necessary to paint the entire rigging....just enough to tell us of a hard life at sea.

It's REALLY good to have you here and I'm looking forward to more from you!

jerryW
02-04-2005, 01:26 PM
refreshing right through

Kara Weber
02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Wonderful use of color! I like the texture, which definitely works for anything water...

SMViolano
02-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh, my! This is beautiful! What you've done with the water is brilliant and the boat.....well, I'm liking that you didn't feel it necessary to paint the entire rigging....just enough to tell us of a hard life at sea.

It's REALLY good to have you here and I'm looking forward to more from you!

AGREED!

Spyderbabe
02-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Very nice palette - I woiuldn't change a thing.
I have a dear friend within sailing distance - in Oriental. Do you show your work any where around there?

Tamana
02-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Oh this is lovely!! The paint handlings terrific. Love that style much. I only wish for one thing: that it was bigger and I could see the mast of the boat...
Praps the next go round!

HRobinson
02-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi. Welcome. A little more headroom would have been nice.

Your colors and impression reflected your skill in both your observation and your technique.

-Harry

roberj
02-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Love it. Especially nice is the transition between the two boats. Showing the separation of two overlapping similar items placed in nearly same plane is difficult to master and you have done it well. Nice water and atmosphere. welcome to WC.

Bob

jimmy craig
02-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback! I think I'll frame it and go with it the way it is.

Bob -Thanks! That area between the boats was a trouble spot.

Harry & Tamana -I agree about the headroom. The next one won't be so tight.

Spyderbabe -I will be showing at Greenleaf Gallery, in Duck,NC starting this Spring. This piece will be there. I also am represented by Gallery C in Raleigh, NC.

SMViolano,Kara,Jerry,Dana,artbabe,Lisa thanks for the comments. I hope to get to talk to y'all soon.This is a great site and I'm glad I found it. Out here in the OBX I don't get to talk about painting process a lot. This is a great tool for any artist.

artbabe21
02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
jimmy...you might want to post this in the oil forum & check out the oil tech talk there. lots of terrific people who will talk indepth about oils.