MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-03-2005/24343_sisters.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: S---F
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x20
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Well...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
To much paint?

Dhuot
02-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Why go anonymous P....?
Nice sisters..

No, to answer your question, not too much paint...

The red lips are calling me....he he

Did two person paint this ??

Lovely direct painting. Must have been fun

Daniel

purplepansey
02-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Did you do this painting over an already painted old canvas? The reason I ask is it looks like it has a lot of texture. Nice colors.

dcorc
02-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Hmm...."Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Feb-2005/30792-crawforddavis.jpg

:evil:

Dave

haaf
02-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Hi Pi

Very evident
Well it's weird....(or not)......this reminds
me of the... real.... people I see when I visit a home
for severely handicapped people.
Handicapped both mentally and physically.
You always have to see beyond what you perceive the first
time and see the real "whole people" within.
It's not all drama there....there's lots of laughter and color(s) too!

Caroline;)

Tamana
02-04-2005, 01:18 AM
:music: She's got Bette Davis eyes. :music:
And Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte!!

But no...not what I see here. What I see here are two wide-eyed wonder-filled little girls gazing at a Pollock at the Moma. "One" I believe is the name of it.

Beautifully rendered, Pi. Love the expressions.

haaf
02-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Well Tamana
that's interesting how people can have a totally different :p take on a painting.
Both beautiful moments of knowing by the way!
Caroline ;)
(I'm up early)

Tamana
02-04-2005, 01:39 AM
I agree re: the looking and seeing. I was thinking about that photo (yours) earlier and what their faces must've looked like as they gazed (thinking (and missing a bit, I think) about my long past motherhood (youngest will be 21 this year)). And when I saw the wonderment on these faces it's just what it reminded me of: childlike wonder as if looking...it was like I got to see them and what I had wondered. I like it when you see what you wonder about: it's pure wonder. :)

(And I'm up late, btw)

Coffee? ;)

brushstroked
02-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Dave, you are EVIL. Every time I see that photo I cackle.
However, it can't interfere with my enjoyment of the explosion of color in Pi's work. There is duality here: it is of course a portrait; but it is also sun, lawn, and garden.

Beautifully and joyfully done, Pi.

:wave:

artbabe21
02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
For most folks posting once in a thread is quite enough so we ask that members keep their remarks in line with the spirit of critique only & not of a personal nature per the guidelines of this forum.

Gilberte
02-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Your paint supplier must be very happy to have you as a client.
colors and more colors.

I LOVE IT, mosaics and all !

Mikey
02-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, this looks like another thread killed off according to the guideline.

Mikey

dcorc
02-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, this looks like another thread killed off according to the guideline.

Mikey

You've just brought it back to the top of the forum, Mikey, so that demonstrably isn't so.

Would you like to offer a critique of the painting?

Dave

Mikey
02-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Certainly Dave. I'm looking not to technique unless it applies to what I say. I bit farher to the left, or more red in there isn't what this artist wants to hear I sure. I think it is important to know, or shall I say think about what the artist intended with this painting. That maybe very subjective and one often tends to find one's own meaning in a painting. I like that myself, ifit is my own work.

Here we see two people who are together in a way which I think is more than just affection. There is a true bonding. IMO it is also referring to spittual qualities. Does that purple in the right hand person's tummy hit you. It should I think. You see the yellow in the arms which are together. I might expect that to be in the heads of these figures, so why the arms. Isn't yellow about intelligence or intellect? Well for one thing the arms are touching. This is a meeting of minds as well as hearts. Here we see love at a much higher level than usual. Is that enough for now.

Mikey