PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Drawing Event Feb 5 2005

sundiver
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
This weekend Chiers will be hosting the WDE,you are all iinvited, and here is her invitation:

Please join us for the Saturday Feb 5 weekend event.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2005/6393-invite_pic.jpg
Images will be posted at 10:00 AM pacific time.
You have 30 min to choose your reference and two hrs to paint it.At the two hr mark, post what you have done so far even if it isn't finished.
If you do more than one image please post them all in one thread and add MI to the tile.

Please wait until all images are posted before making comments on the image thread.

If you can't join on the weekend, then feel free to do it during the week.

World Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=29&year=2005&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=207)
AMAE Forum link:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

kordelia
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
world clock wasnt changed from 1/29 however, last i looked at midnite Thurs/Fri..... anybody know how to do it????? :confused:

She-She
02-04-2005, 01:12 AM
HI everyone,
I would like to join in this WDE. I've done a few last year but wasn't committed to keeping up with it. :( This year as a New Years resalution, I'm going to try & do more art. Last month was a little slow in getting started, but now I'm ready!! :D

The starting time is 10am Pacific?...... that's 8am for me! What a way to start the morning!! Can't wait!!! :D

sundiver
02-04-2005, 06:59 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=5&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=234

Assuming Seattle is on Pacific time, I think this one is correct. On the site I went to Fixed Time and entered the date, time and city.
:)

Aztek
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd like to join in, too, if drawing is accepted. I haven't started painting yet :)
10 am Pacific time is 8 pm for me, so it is going to be a long wait for me...

Take care, all,
Lale

PencilPusher
02-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Lale, everything is welcome in a WDE !!!

Drawing is every bit as valid as painting, we'd be glad to see your work.

Steve

Ginger Lee
02-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I can't find the pictures. Where did they go? :(

Ginger Lee
02-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Never mind I found them. Sorry!

pakc
02-06-2005, 01:19 PM
New here and trying to figure out how to join the WDE and find the pictures and set the clock (is world clock by country)....if I don't make it this weekend I will at least continue through the week....hopefully by the next event I will be ready.
Off to find and seek.

kordelia
02-06-2005, 01:28 PM
hi, pakc... i'm new-ish also, so let me tell you, newby to newby... go to the top of this page, hit The Town Center, scroll down to All Arts Events, Weekend Drawing Event, 2/05 pictures are here.... any of those you see that look familiar.... (dont worry about the clock... the worldclock is set by the one posting the pix)... scroll thru all the pix posted, select, then do as it says and set YOUR clock... 1/2 hr for choosing and setting up, 2 hrs then post either finished or Work In Progress..... post it in that section where it says New Thread.... Mark it WIP if in progress or even MI if yu think you'll do Multiple Images later this week..... it's fun.... and welcome!!! eveery one is sooo supportive!! look for you later.............Kory :wave:

pakc
02-06-2005, 05:26 PM
this is too funny.... I may have to follow the thread a few days to figure out where and what you are talking about...

I found, <at last > the town center
once there had to decipher the many messages in short hand to figure out which one meant weekend drawing event pictures here...LOL (town center not exactly at the top of the page where I kept looking )but in the middle top of the page to the left on the path information to where I am now.......... :clap:

then scroll down to All Arts Events, Weekend Drawing Event, 2/05 pictures are here.... which reads I think WDE 2/2005 images here....Whew! I am progressing.

Then to scan through the many images and selecting...OH... :eek: that was a completed work...scan again....trying to decide which are images to select and which are finished works....real detective work.....still progressing... :rolleyes:

Then once reference is found (there are so many nice ones) find out where you post the WIP or MI (work in progress) since there is a new ade posting thread or was that ame...... :confused:

Well this is truly a work in progress but will I ever get to the finish line ;) ....

AS I said I am new new here...may have to follow the thread a few times to finally get this thick head to understand exactly what , where, when and how to join in......got to go take a nap...I am tired and haven't even started yet.....LOL

lotsieIvy
02-06-2005, 11:16 PM
hello, i am a newbie to this awesome site. have been clicking around trying to figure out how to keep up with all events. but, I am all over the place, everytime I think I got the hang of things, something else shows up. I am so excited! thank you to all the wonderful people who started this, work this and are part of the WC!

I am like a child that is let loose in a candy store!

pakc
02-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Lotsie,
I know what you mean.... I am just trying to slow down a bit myself and not choke as I gobble everything in sight up......this is the best candy store... ;) no calories.