PDA

View Full Version : Cold Creek-oil/Ivorine

Minibrush
02-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Here is my latest. Pardon the scan, it's a bit blurry as it was elevated by a mat from the glass on my scanner. It's still wet.

Cold Creek
W&N Artists Oils on Ivorine
1 7/8" X 3 1/8"

Minibrush

Geniebug
02-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Hmmm, cold is right... and I can't find my gloves at the moment. ;) This is very pretty. Hope you didn't smudge it by putting it on the scanner.
Pat

valchina612
02-03-2005, 09:07 PM
I really like this, and you certainly did capture the cold feeling beautifully :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A great little Mini.
Val :wave:

blumoon
02-04-2005, 01:12 AM
This is a beautiful scene. You did a wonderful job on it. :clap:

Minibrush
02-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Thank you Geniebug, Val & blumoon. Thanks for your concern, Geniebug, it didn't smudge, but they always scan more clearly if I let them dry and place them directly on the scanner. I get too impatient for that! :wink2:

Thanks for looking, everyone. I appreciate it.

Minibrush

JamieWG
02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Minibrush, it's a lovely scene, nice composition, and your trees are wonderful!

Jamie

paintsplatter
02-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Very nice..very cold..brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..love your trees.

Newwings
02-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Lovely painting! Great composition, I like your trees a lot, too- And you've captured the fall, movement and energy of the water beautifully. Seems to me that with a perspective like this, the foreground trees could easily have been lost, or their impact at least diminished by the tones and textures of the slope rising behind them. But you've maintained separation, crispness- and yet all the elements combine to create a seamless sense of depth. The piece feels like you can walk into it, and keep going. :D And yes, it does feel cold. :D Great work!

Mark
http://markreep.net

Minibrush
02-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Gee, thank you Jamie, and paintsplatter. What lovely things to say! I do have fun with trees, sure am glad these worked. I was a bit concerned about those in the foreground.

Mark, I love your comments on work. It helps me to see things in the paintings I had not even been concious of. Thank you for your detailed evaluations. It is appreciated.

I think I had a happy accident. I was not so sure I was very pleased with this, but I'm re-thinking it! :D

Thanks so much everyone,

Minibrush

Lorijo
02-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Its lovely, I like the very front waterfall the best, its perfect. Lori

champagneharley
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
WOW!
:)
Regards,
Jillian