PDA

View Full Version : La Trattoria

LisaArt
02-03-2005, 04:31 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-03-2005/40382_Trattoriawc.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: La Trattoria
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 38 x 45 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Did this from my imagination remembering the little Trattorias in Italy. Everynight it was so fun to try all the new restaurants.
I am going to revisit this one in Acrylics.
Sorry about the pic, it is an old one take a while back. I no longer have the painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am looking for any feed back feeling you may have regarding this painintg,
There are certain things I feel I can improve on like the windows and vases, sky part, etc.
I am not looking for realism, but feel I can add a little more depth here. Or something??
Appreciate anything you can add, before I begin a new work. Thanks so much.

laketrees
02-03-2005, 04:49 AM
Hi Lisa :clap:...... I like everything about this painting - makes me regret not visiting Italy when I was overseas. The cats add a delightful finishing touch. If I was going to change anything I think it would be the blue in the sky - perhaps warmer to relate to the other blues in your painting. I think you already have the depth with the chequered floor and alley way. The red chair looks great !! You have a terrific memory for detail. :clap:
Cheers Kim

LisaArt
02-03-2005, 04:57 AM
Hi Kim, You busy painting today? Oh yes, too bad you never had a chance to visit Italy, it is so beautiful. But hey theres always another time! I'll meet you there... :D for some vino rosso.
Thanks for the feedback..really appreciate that. :) Yeah, the sky bit really bugs me. I am going to change that. I want it to be night time, so perhaps I should go with a midnight or prussian blue colour with different moonlight reflections. I dont know..me oh my???? I remember i used like a dark cobalt, and that is no good..
I am happy you like the red chair, I thought it could use a bit more depth to it in colour values? There are a bit. I always really remember things that really please me... :D

Wayne Gaudon
02-03-2005, 08:57 AM
coloring and cat shapes are cool ..

do you have a market for these? Just wondering ??

Tamana
02-03-2005, 09:28 AM
You always capture a warm glow to your paintings! And the cats have become your signature, Lisa!! :cat: :cat: If that's a chair outside the doorway, it looks somewhat flat and pasted on - I think it's just the shape. I'd like to take some time later and really look at this and get back to you with some things, perhaps.

I agree about the coloring!! So glad to hear you're redoing!!!

LisaArt
02-03-2005, 10:43 AM
coloring and cat shapes are cool ..

do you have a market for these? Just wondering ??

Thanks Wayne :) Well, I have noticed that everyone just seems to like these little paintings. They were one of the most popular in my little exhibition in Seoul.
Had a little wine and cheese painting thing here the other night and the gals were going crazy for them. Must be a gal thing. The men thought they were nice but werent as crazy for them. My husband likes them, cause he wants me to sell them, so he can stop working..Yeah FAT Chance..LOLOL :D :p

LisaArt
02-03-2005, 10:44 AM
You always capture a warm glow to your paintings! And the cats have become your signature, Lisa!! :cat: :cat: If that's a chair outside the doorway, it looks somewhat flat and pasted on - I think it's just the shape. I'd like to take some time later and really look at this and get back to you with some things, perhaps.

I agree about the coloring!! So glad to hear you're redoing!!!

Hi Tam, Thanks so much. :) yeah I agree that chair needs some work and that sky too. Yeah hope you can provide me with more feedback..when you have a chance my dear. :angel:

Fagan
02-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Some shadow areas under the chair...cats...vase etc. But you are not going for realism. This being the case....I think no shadow works too. I would lighten the sky to a medium thalo blue or maybe a very light lavender. :D

Gilberte
02-03-2005, 12:15 PM
As it's so stylized and pittoresque personally I wouldn't change a thing ... :clap:

chammi kaiser
02-03-2005, 12:52 PM
:wave: Can't bear it. I am still crazy about your cats!!! Please please explore the possibility of making them into a series of greeting cards. I have only one teeny weeny crit. and that is I think you should have more of the greeny blue in the sky (cerulean?) to balance it otherwise just love it. Chammi.

LisaArt
02-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi Gilberte :wave: Tusind Tak....(1000 merci) Really touched, you are such an :angel:

Hi Chammi, tusind tak to you too. :wave: You know you really got me thinking about the greeting card thing. Thanks so much for that compliment... :) My husband is always telling me that. I am starting a project now of my two little cats max and mimi (LOL) actually Lisa und Andreas in that style in different beautiful cities that we were so lucky to have visited! Started a new one today ...remembering basel...will post in the WIP soon enough...

capricorne
02-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi Lisa,
Very difficult to feedback...for me there is no need for more depth. I should say it has a mosa´c structure from design point of view. I should try to connect more the darks. Strange but when I read that you are not looking for realism I could see the paining in a more positive way. I learned that obviously I'm looking for realism !
Have a good paint
Jan

Dana Design
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi, Lisa! The only thing I'd change to add a bit of depth would be to darken the wall inside the trattoria. A little chair shadow perhaps so it doesn't look so flat and that's it!

Wouldn't change anything else. Fun, whimsical, colorful! Post the redo for us, ok?

YLCIA
02-03-2005, 03:48 PM
It is really darling:) Love the colors and cats. Great as is to me.

Julia

LisaArt
02-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Hi Jan, :wave: and thanks so much:) BTW, had a peek at your web page..Really love your work.. ;)

Hi Dana, :wave: Thanks so much for your kind words and the great tips. Great idea about the door way. I will post for sure. ;)

Hi Julia :wave: many thanks :) your so kind.

haaf
02-04-2005, 04:13 AM
:confused: ???????

Lisa
I did write you a long response yesterday.............probably didn't hit the submit-reply button?!?

I mentioned a few ideas and of course all is for you to consider,decide or incorporate.
-yr white moon (could be helpful in colorconnections)(lamp,flower pots,tile)
-maybe a little table added to the chair (like a bistro chair)
-maybe a checkered tablecloth
-something on the table (flowers?plate with fish?)
-it has to offer possibilities to tell the story

I'm curious where you going to take this...more graphic or...somewhat more realistic (saw some changes creeping in your last painting)

Ok...have fun.......
Caroline ;)

LisaArt
02-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi Caroline, Oh no..I hate when that happens :eek:
I am so excited about all the idea you have offered. I really like the table little cloth idea, fish plate..Oh yes. :D ..., it needs to tell a little story. :clap:
Have a great day and thanks :)

Mikey
02-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Lisa, I'd be very careful about changing anything, however for me I bit of shadow under that left window sill would give more depth and suggest more of a passage way.

Mikey

LisaArt
02-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Lisa, I'd be very careful about changing anything, however for me I bit of shadow under that left window sill would give more depth and suggest more of a passage way.

Mikey

Hi Mikey, thanks so much for looking. Good eyes...thats a brilliant idea.. :wave:

roberj
02-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Are you sure you want to go for more depth? The flatness could be accentuated a little more and the decrotaive elements might actually work better. If more depth is added, it might start to look more like computer generated art. I like the cats and the floor tile, I might go for a wonky perspective to increase the decorative quality and then add more detail elements to reinforce the effect, give the eyes more to discover. I like the painting.

Bob

Rieko
02-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Lisa,

Being said so much, I just want to comment that I love the vivid colors and a whimiscal feeling! Also it's something wonderful to see cats in your paintings :cat:

Esmeralinda
02-05-2005, 04:20 PM
OH! Lisa, pardonne mon retard :(

This is as usual adorable! :clap: I love your paintings, it must reflect your great personality. Those little cats are so sweet. And that YELLOW, WOW!

I loved Italy; my favourite trip of all was the south Italian coast. Yummy pasta to. :D

Linda :wave:

LisaArt
02-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Hi Robert, :wave: Its been awhile, Thanks for that great feedback and advice. I hear you.. ;)

Hi Rieko, You are too nice.. :angel: I am happy you like the cats, I like them too, as you can see. Not sure it everyone is in to that, but you know you paint for yourself..BTW,I love painting Geishas too from Japan So Beautiful. (even put little cats in those paintings)..LOL...

Hi Linda, Merci merci beaucoup. I love the pasta too..Too much.. :D

doomgirl
02-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I love it

Its bright and has a great selection of colours

:clap: