PDA

View Full Version : Water Wheel

zardoz
02-02-2005, 01:05 PM
this was supposed to be my sense of place project .never could get a consistant editionbut I'm still working at it

cut from a piece of what I assume is cultured marble I picked ip on a job site 7x5 used a dremel to cut , stone henge paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Feb-2005/36966-cap_015_edited.JPG

this water wheel has been around for as long as I can remember and according to my dad long before my memory started .It had the old mill attached until recently and is supposed to be under renovation but for the last nine months or so the wheel sitting on its blocks waiting patiently is all I see as I pass by

Diane Cutter
02-02-2005, 05:53 PM
This is marvelous, Z... I'm not sure what cultured marble is, but it sounds like a hard surface to work on. Tell us more...

Diane

Printmakerguy
02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Nice work, Z- IMHO your best yet!

How does the cultured marble ink up? I would imagine that is a problem!

I love your use of found materials in printmaking...

-Andrew

H2O_Baby
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Very nice, Z. What Andrew said! Interesting use of objects. I have never tried to engrave a plate using a dremel, I guess I should try one of these days!

B

zardoz
02-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Diane if I'm not mistaken is a man made material used for a lot of counter tops and hearths and other places where marble would be, only less expensive . I have another piece about 9"x36"that I will probably cut into smaller pieces and try some more at a future date. at the present all my spare time is spent painting so I don't know when.I have some ideas for some monotypes though so who knows....

Andrew the inking wasn't too big of a problem. I sanded and wash the plate before starting to cut and made sure all dust was removed my problem is mostly the use of cheap ink and impatience ( personality flaw) rarely impatient with people just want to finish so I can see what the finished product looks like

B the dremel is a great tool for some projects especially stone and other hard materials but I still prefer a knife for wood linoleum etc..

thanks for looking and the comments