PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Modigliani

jlloren
02-02-2005, 01:26 AM
I made 2 ATC sized (2.5 X 3.5) acrylics of two of Modigliani's nudes. They are poor copies of the great originals, though.

C&C's welcome!

Cheers!
Joel

Bertoni
02-02-2005, 05:35 AM
I haven't seen the originals, but these ATC size copies aren't as poor as you think. The attitude of the figures looks good, maybe they could use a drop more detail in the faces, or maybe not? :)

blumoon
02-02-2005, 10:57 AM
These are beautiful. You've done a great job on the anatomy. I particularily like the second one. Perhaps Bertoni is right, the first one may need a little more detail on the face . . . or not. :clap:

jlloren
02-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks Blumoon and Bertoni, your comments are appreciated. I'll see what I can do about the face of #1. Anyway, I'm on a roll and I came up with two more last night. Got these from a website featuring Modigliani's paintings.

Cheers!

Joel

paintsplatter
02-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Very nice..I noticed that you tend to use different hues for the faces than you do the body..why? You should be using a uniform color throughout..I think. You've done a great job on all four of these works and I see that on the 3rd and 4th you've changed your flesh tones..Nice work!!

artbyjune
02-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Joel,
I like the second one very much here!! :wave:
I think that the second of the 4 has a lovely facial expression.

jlloren
02-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks June for your comment. Too bad the second one has been traded over at the ATC forum. The 3rd and 4th are available, if you're interested. :D

Paintsplatter (M. Smyth), you're right - I have aquite a hard time making flesh tones specially coming up with lighter and darker areas. The face is specially hard because of the many features and contours present. I'm working on it, though. Thanks a lot for the comments.

Cheers!
Joel :wave:

artbyjune
02-05-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi Joel,
I'd be interested in trading for the 3rd nude...lying on the couch.
Is there from among my ATCs in the various ATC projects you'd like?
I should be doing more soon, so you could just SAVE the nude for me til I get an ATC done that you like!!

I'll check in over in ATC too...is it in People ATC??

Regards,
June

jlloren
02-07-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi June, Like I said in my PM I like a lot of your other cards but your acrylic work on the border collie is relly beautiful. I hope you can do something like that for me.

Over the weekend, I watched the film about Modigliani (starring Andy Garcia as Modi) and not reall knowing who he was, the picture gave a great insight on the life of the artist, specially his relationship with his wife (Jeanne) and his competition with Picasso. I don't know how accurate the movie was but the life of Modigliani sure was interesting.

Hope you guys watch it.

JamieWG
02-07-2005, 08:54 AM
These are all so nice! I think I like the first and third best.

Thanks for the heads up on the movie! Do you recall what the title is?

Jamie