PDA

View Full Version : Eclectic Spontaneous

giniaad
02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-01-2005/3127_WC_2D_EcSp_full.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-01-2005/3127_WC_2D_EcSp_swan.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-01-2005/3127_WC_2D_EcSp_hand.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Eclectic Spontaneous
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Other
Dimension: 16 in x 12 in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
finally working with my brushes again, after some self directed studies. Thought I'd work on this older unfinished piece first
posted anonymously...a while back
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174904&highlight=Eclectic+Spontaneous

had lots of fun with it and have started another
and have a couple others to finish
"just going with the flow"

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
things are under and over exagerated
all have been, as it turns out, on purpose
as I look back on it

any and all comments welcome
to this rider..."getting back on the horse"

what do you "see"?

Tamana
02-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Gini!!!!!! :clap:

I wasn't around for all the fun the first go-around of anon - e - mous funs. I see she's expanded her horizons quite a bit! :cool:

What do I see?

Something mythical discovered in a private chamber of ancient ruins; the origins of a story passed down from generation to generation that still holds truth today. Verification; evidence. And it all started with the decision to take a bite out of life...

This looks like it feels embossed (make sense?). Tapestretic; fabric...like I could take my fingers and run them lightly over the puffed design of it. I LOVE that effect but am too rough to achieve it. Seems to me it would take a delicate hand and a softer touch (maybe someday). Great distortion of forms and yet clarity of message -- terrific gargoyl!!!

So glad you posted!! :D

giniaad
02-01-2005, 08:11 PM
What do I see?
Something mythical discovered in a private chamber of ancient ruins; the origins of a story passed down from generation to generation that still holds truth today. Verification; evidence. And it all started with the decision to take a bite out of life...

at nailing, you are great too...
and the dot, dot, dot (...) ...couldn't be more true

This looks like it feels embossed (make sense?). Tapestretic; fabric...like I could take my fingers and run them lightly over the puffed design of it. I LOVE that effect but am too rough to achieve it. Seems to me it would take a delicate hand and a softer touch (maybe someday). ...

oh, Tam...
your work is exactly where it should be,
with just the right touch,
you must see!

So glad you posted!! :D

and I am so glad you did too!! :) and thanks!

hey, you WC guys/friends...
on viewing this thread...
don't be shy to reply...
I need you!
(yes, be honest)

Dhuot
02-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Gini, wonderful I think !
The paint is applied so thin....thin..
Like the works of Pierre Puvis de Chavanne (Yay )

What do I see ?

Hum !

Lot`s a reference to religion-or-a-certain-moral-right-and-wrong-adam-&-eve-heaven-hell-but-it-dosn`t-really-matter-to-me-cause-I-like-it...haw-an!

he he :)

I also really like the exageration !! in the human forms

Daniel

capricorne
02-02-2005, 03:13 AM
I like this, gives a lot to think and to gues.Love the cool/warm colorrange
Jan

LisaArt
02-02-2005, 03:38 AM
Hi Gini, What a beauty, such a light touch. colour palette is so suiting.
It does almost look like that tapestry work. My father in law has some like that in his house.
I really like the distortion of forms and the gargoyl is super.
I see tempation of life...
Thanks for adding the closeups.

haaf
02-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Hi Gini
Good to see you back .......I remember this.(really)
I always love to see (recognize) that people have drawingskills under their skin.
This evokes in me the same kind of joy in inviting to look and to get lost and being entertained like in the great old paintings by Hieronymus, or Jerome, Bosch, 1450-1516.

It's a smooth flow of paint
not a smooth line of events
more than well thought over (talking about events)
and therefore told now.... looks like a cohesive fabric
adult/mature
light light colors........no urge to make it heavier

Caroline;)

Gilberte
02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Like a tapestry indeed.
Mighty pose of the foot on the snake.
No anatomic analysis needed here.

Wayne Gaudon
02-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Drug induction in the Garden Of Eden .. soft in approach .. demonic fury in a silent rage. Amost fearful of what I might find. Insanity has taken hold.

Nice rendering and original in thought. Should be interesting to see how this affects your future thoughts while holding the brush.

giniaad
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
I must say I am a little relieved
(I thought this piece might be a bit over the top)

Daniel~I had to do some google work...wow...Pierre Puvis de Chavanne?!
http://www.mezzo-mondo.com/arts/mm/symbolists/puvis-de-chavannes/
nice for this piece to be thought of in the same company...he did many interesting pieces.
For this, think more faith than religion, and more perception/awareness with a positive attitude than morals and right or wrong. Think of receiving rather than taking and giving where/how it is wanted...Think of utilizing/channeling the benevolent side of Mother Nature in all of us...and the list goes on...
"wonderful"...Thank you very much!

Jan~I appreciate that this stimulates thought...that was key...even though while I was painting, it was more of a spontaneous flow than an action filled with fore thought. I guess it was subconscious thought and a therapy of sorts. I think we both love that orange glow (as I see it in your icon)
Thanks for dropping in with your reply!

Lisa~I'm glad you think it is a beauty...I was not sure that it would/could be received that way. Yes, as this progressed, I did mean to intimate the temptations in life...(to be aware of them...to learn from them.)
I would love to see those tapestries...
and you are welcome for the close ups...
Thank you for your reply!

Caroline~high praise...good drawing skills...I don't think of myself that way. I really have to work hard to get things just right. I do believe that I can see when they are right, though, and that is a major key to "getting there". And another great one...wonderful company to inspire thoughts of!
Hieronymus, or Jerome, Bosch, 1450-1516.
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/bosch/delight/
a lot to see in his work!
and the rest...very insightful words from you...and yes, very mature/adult...
always love to hear what you have to say...Thanks!

Gilberte~I really do need to look at more tapestries! I am glad you like that foot...I really do too...in all its exagerated glory. I was not sure if that was a snake, but, I think it definately can be.
Thanks, sweet lady, for your kind words!

Wayne~you're so funny...no demons or rage here, really...remember, there are no boogie men, just fear, and you know what they say about that. And that's a whole other converstion. Awarness and observation are key here...and always a striving for a possitive attitude/action through wisdom.
(I think insanity took hold at birth...so nothing new there... :wink2: )

I really appreciate your feedback...
you know the saying, "can't see the forest for the trees"?
well, sometimes I feel like I'm in a jungle :)
(gotta get of the phone)
Thanks again!!

artinoils
02-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry I missed this...but I do remember the first.
So many layers to contemplate...very interesting piece! Looks as if they're at the bottom of the sea...woman as peacekeeper...two scrambling for the apple to be the first to take a bite...evil to the right, waiting, being held off by the hand...a struggle for humanities survival. The tapestry reference is true. Like the exaggerations and how the color moves. Also how parts come into focus the more you look. Keep those brushes going! :)

YLCIA
02-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh my! This is exciting!! :clap: I love it.I did not see it as an anonymous but if I would I probably would not guess :) Please, continue this way:)

Julia

giniaad
02-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey you two!...so glad you made your way here!

Susan~yes, too many layers to count...under water...that's interesting, and aok with me. I like to hear the interpretations...they all feel like they are working rather well. and the involvement...great! I tried to put implied things or areas that could be seen in which ever way the imagination of the viewer would see. and "color moving"...great!
(darn...I wish I could see some of these tapestries)
Thanks so much for your words, Susan...I love hearing from you.

Miss Julia!!~"Hey there, Hi there, Ho there" :music:
I did like the guesses I got on the last posting...
(and no one guessed it was me)
my subconscious battery needs charging before I attempt anything like this again...but, I am ever so happy you love it!
Thanks for the "excitting!" and the "Oh my!" too.

(hopefully I have some time to look around
before I have to get off the phone again)