PDA

View Full Version :  Loneliness of Hope

Cio
02-01-2005, 03:45 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-01-2005/30814_SOLIDAO_DA_BUSCA.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title:  Loneliness of Hope
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30 X 40in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Sometime I think, that I have it all, but I guess I have.
sometime Between all that I have, I'm still looking for to start over. because, sometime all that I have doesn't see me, it is bigger than me and that I've had imagined to raise.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what about Theme and composition, and tha painting it self
( style, visual linework...)

matteus
02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Cio,

it seems to me as if you meant to paint something very personal and kind of deep. So why not paint from your own heart, and not via Dalí for example? I mean, that Spanish background, is that a special place to you which helps you in making your point, or is it in fact a scenery from where you are/have been? What about the nude figure? Who is he? Why is he there? What does he do to make your point?

I don't mean to sound too critical here, but I see so many paint for the wrong reasons. Do not be anyone else but yourself. I guarantee you you have ways to express yourself with paint that will be far more authentic than this.

Another thing; is this how you always sign you paintings? It looks like grafitti to me, and takes too much attention.

//matt

pampe
02-01-2005, 07:00 PM
It is very Dali-like

The rendering is good....your colors are pleasing

The composition is a bit too centered for me

Good work!

Tamana
02-01-2005, 08:28 PM
An empty picnic --

I agree about the off-centeredness...however, do like the style, design, and especially the palette. The vast wasteland enhances the mood of isolation. the skies of clouds promise eventual rain --

"Hope cometh in the morning."

:)

debbi_carr
02-01-2005, 09:15 PM
the background and the rose do it for me completely. i feel like everything else just distracts from those 2 things...almost like you could just paint over everything else and leave those 2 things...the smoothness of the paint application in the background is arresting...the flower too.