PDA

View Full Version : A good book

frank
12-01-2001, 01:51 AM
The best sculpture book I've come across so far is "From Clay To Bronze" by Tuck Langland.
It doesn't tell you how to sculpt a particular thing step by step but gives you information to bring about a sculpture project from concept to marketing and was published in 2000 so the info and resources are current.
Frank

diane555
12-01-2001, 09:21 AM
Hi Frank :)

Happy to see another person in here!! I have that book and you are right...it's an excellent book. Rather than focus on just one methodd he shows many different ones for molding, casting etc. Good resource book. I also like Louis Slobodkin - Sculpture, Principles and Practice.

Have a great day, (and don't go anywhere! we need all the people we can get in here!)
Di

diane555
12-04-2001, 09:12 AM
Hi Frank

I think this thread was an excellent idea! I would have thought more people would have been looking for a good book or have a title to share. I can't get enough to read...never could. Anyway, thought I'd add another to your good book list. At the suggestion of Max I ordered Bruno Lucchesi's 'Modeling the Figure in Clay' & 'Modeling the Head in Clay' through Amazon. These are wonderful resources! Hope you don't mind us adding other titles here.

Di :)

frank
12-05-2001, 09:23 PM
Hi Di,
I have a couple of those books also in my small but growing library.
A couple more I have that are full of anatomy info are authored by Eduard Lanteri. I can't recall their names but one is about the human figure and the other has horse, lion and a bull anatomy. If anyone needs the titles let me know and I'll get them. They are out in my shop and I'm too lazy to get them right now.
Frank
Edited add on: the titles are "Modelling and Sculpting the Human Figure" and "Modelling and Sculpting Animals" and the correct spelling of his name is Edouard Lanteri.

jhusel
12-05-2001, 10:12 PM
I'll have to check that one out. One that I have really enjoyed in Living Materials by Oliver Andrews. It has some great info about metalworking, casting, stone carving, plaster, woodcarving, etc. It also has some great shop/studio ideas as well as good conversion charts (even some electical charts).

Jason

diane555
12-06-2001, 08:12 AM
Hi all

I'll have to look for both those authors. I have always been facinated by stonework so I hope it has some general info in it. My library currently consists of a single shelf...LOL...but it's filling up quickly. If I have any trouble finding those by Lanteri I'll let you know. Thanks again

Di