MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-31-2005/5946_cows.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Moooo_ve Along Pal, This Shade Is Taken
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
enjoying this new found freedom of movement

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
??

LisaArt
02-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi Wayne, I too, am enjoying the movement.
Splendid! in colour and light. That light bit from the foreground to the trees is like wow!

haaf
02-01-2005, 05:35 AM
good colors and breaking in of the light
I feel you are on a new track here.
Caroline ;)

Fagan
02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Lovely cow painting!

Wayne Gaudon
02-01-2005, 10:58 AM
thank you.

Caroline .. me thinks I may have to stay in one style for awhile and just paint instead of hopping all over the map .. after all, it's not the style but the painting that is the end all.

brushstroked
02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Wayne, I was unable to comment on this last night because my monitor was too dark. I really like this one (dark background, emphatic light) but it seems to me that to accurately convey the sense of a blistering day, there would have to be some light also behind the trees. But then, I'm going by your title. :p So who cares? It's a beautiful bucolic scene, and those brushstrokes are bold and lazy.

:wave:

pero lane
02-01-2005, 02:38 PM
I like! :)

Gilberte
02-01-2005, 03:27 PM
To catch the light ......... Bravo, keep following your brushes ...
BTW ... they look hormone-less, not like over here ... fat, full of water and tasteless (off topic of course :) )

Wayne Gaudon
02-01-2005, 04:09 PM
thanks all
\

brushstroked .. that blue is the distant blue hills poking through. They are on top of a hill overlooking a valley. The color extensions are pure artistic liscense.

Gilberte .. brings to mind a question. When someone wants to insult someone overweight they call them a big fat cow .. isn't that a farmer's dream or prized possession .. where's the insult in that? :D

I mean, everybody would take a fat cow over a rake.

purplepansey
02-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Wayne, you're a real assembly line! I've neve seen anyone paint so many paintings and such a short time-and all very good.

Tamana
02-01-2005, 07:21 PM
I mean, everybody would take a fat cow over a rake.

OMG! :eek:

Great freestyle energy in this one, Wayne! :clap:

Go with what you thinks in regards to painting, Wayne - that's all any of us can do - though I do like this direction; I love your regular style too!!