http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-31-2005/52322_JP_face.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-31-2005/52322_JP_feet.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Finished "Young freedom"
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16X12 inches
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I posted this in WIP and received very good advice. I think it is finish. Inspired by a picture of my youngest son J-P a few years ago.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything that can be critiqued or commented on is welcome: colour, mouvement of boy, etc...

Wayne Gaudon
01-31-2005, 06:58 PM
exciting display of color application .. don't know .. maybe the upper body is long in comparison to the legs but he is your son so Mother knows best.

Esmeralinda
01-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi Wayne,

You are probably right. I'm confused. In the WIP, I was told that the length of the legs were not right and one leg was longer. I agreed with the one leg longer. So, I shortened the one and now the body is probably to long for my correction. I shortened too much My, My ! I will really have to study this very carefully to make his body normal. He is a stunning young man and he deserves right measurements.

But what about the rest of the painting ?

So back to work. Thanks a lot for opening my eyes.

Linda :wave:

LisaArt
02-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Linda, It is dazzling in energy and colour.
I love the closeups. Excellent knife work. The sun dazzling on his face and golden hair is beautifully done.
I would not stress too much about the torso thing. I did not really look at that. I did not even notice that. But I know you want it perfect, so I am sure you can do something about it.
I see a carefree cute little boy running in the sand. And then my eye is taken around the beautiful colours and sourroundings.

Esmeralinda
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I fixed the legs and other stuff.

Thank you all for your help.

Linda

Tamana
02-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh look!! Look!!!! You caught Eros without his bow!! :cool: Quick!! Revenge!! Let's show HIM what it feels like!!! :D

I love those rosy cheeks, Linda - and agree wholeheartedly with Lisa about the energy & colors (both your trademarks). You work wonders and magic with a knife; well done on the revision. I particularly like the perspective of this one; the angular is wonderful.

Esmeralinda
02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Tamana, you make me so happy. :wave: Thank you for feeling it all ! Also, I'm so glad you noticed his rosy cheeks because I added them at the last minute remembering what he looked like when so active (most of the time).
Thanks for being there for me.

Lisa; you are always so encouraging also and I appreciate that. No matter if it is bad or good, you have a nice way to explain. Thank you for your sensitivity. :)

I also would like to thank everybody for their support and loyalty towards me and all our OCF friends. This is a great place to share.

Linda :wave: