MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
your opinion...
Thank you !

Wayne Gaudon
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
nicely done .. my guess would be Gilberte :D

Dana Design
01-31-2005, 02:53 PM
If you were to bring the center image forward a bit with more detail, a bit more color, I think this would be lovely. As it is now, the three are all too similar, nothing stands out.

The expressions on the faces are beautiful. But this looks a bit unfinished. Keep going?

Spyderbabe
01-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Is wood and other medium accurate?
Has an oriental feel to it.... there is also sort of a halo effect with white about the heads that I'm not sure is intentional. I would like a little mor drama about these lovely ladies.

haaf
01-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi dear G
Looks like you are trying out a new technique here, the (differnt for you) surface probably commands another approach as well.
Looks like you have been "scumbling in " the colors as per Woodguy's technique somewhat.
I think you are halfway done, needs to have more light and more darks, I think the concept of the three woman is interesting and the way they each have a different look and attitude. I think definately something to pursue further.
Caroline ;)

pampe
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Interesting

I agree with the need for values differentiation

faces are lovely

LisaArt
02-01-2005, 03:48 AM
I love the colour harmony here. The colours are so fitting, from background to their lovely kimonos. And there is something very peaceful when I look at this.
I like the three different looks on the women. My favourite one is the last one (she seems new to the group) (viewers right) ;)
Great work. What paint did you use on the wood? Has such a lovely feel about it. It says Gilberte? :D

Gilberte
02-01-2005, 09:36 AM
:p I can run but not hide ..........

You're all psychological experts in discovering someone's signature in painting :D ............ I thought I could hide not mentioning Tempera, centimeters or board but hélas .........

I'm going to paint over it with oils.

Merci Wayne, Dana, Kathleen,Caroline, Pam and Lisa. I'll try to apply your advice which is greatly appreciated.
:wave: