MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-30-2005/5946_rooster4.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Anyone seen that lowdown thing called King
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Hmmm .. no wonder he's so skinny .. in my hen house all night .. we're gonna have a good old fashion talk when I meet up with him.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Still fun?

CeCe
01-30-2005, 08:17 PM
OH, he's beautiful. I love it. I have a collection of roosters and would enjoy him on my wall! The color, attitude. It's got it. I make a habit of visiting the rooster area at the county fair each year and taking pictures so one day, I'll attempt such a painting. LOVE IT.

regards,

CeCe

Moosehead
01-30-2005, 08:22 PM
A cock-a-doodle-dandy one Wayne!
Really though-another fantastic work. The colour, the light and especially the brush (knife?) work!

(Maybe you should change your avatar from Yosemite Sam to Foghorn Leghorn :D ).

laketrees
01-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Yep this one is great - you've really captured that ruffling of the feathers effect perfectly and silky, ssleek, ssheen highlights....... I just love that red!!!! :clap: :clap:
Cheers Kim

Wayne Gaudon
01-31-2005, 09:57 AM
thanks

Jon .. mostly brush on the rooster and knife, scrape, scratch, & rub on the background.

Dana Design
01-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Wayne, this is your best yet! The blue on his tail feathers and the red on his breast is sensational and you've added just enough highlight on his chicken head to tell the story. Yes, it's still fun!

Background? Wish I could do that!

giniaad
01-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm lovin' your poultry series!
delicious!
yum...

I particularly love also the background swirls
adds that special touch to the feathers attitude
and intimating grassy feeling too
great colors
and capturing of light on subject

a winner

Dave Carter
01-31-2005, 01:14 PM
We might make an artist out of you yet! :D Always liked your work and you have improved noticably since your first posts (which were very good). That bold stroke of blue in the tail feathers seems to me in need of a little company, perhaps on the shadowed right leg. I would surely hang this on my wall (especially since my wife is also a "chicken freak")!

Gilberte
01-31-2005, 04:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

JustjoGA
01-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Aa-a-a-ah-hhh!! The King has competition.... This could develop into a story as good as Brian's fishies... Where's the ladies, Wayne?
Wonderful colors, great expression... You really are on a roll.

Jo in Georgia

tbezesky
01-31-2005, 11:41 PM
I love the character of this piece, plus the movement and color.

LisaArt
02-01-2005, 03:39 AM
He is the King Wayne. Super work. :clap:

Wayne Gaudon
02-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Thank you all very much for your comments and time.

We might make an artist out of you yet!
LOL .. just make sure it's a worldly successful and highly accepted artist, will ya?

nethra
02-01-2005, 01:41 PM

nethra
02-01-2005, 01:44 PM
hi wayne,
this one is amazing...i loved another rooster painting of yours.....it was amazing...
simply beautiful, refreshing, and at the same time simple with lovely bright colors and bold brush strokes...it was so much inspiring that I began to
do few paintings after a break....
keep up your great work...
:clap: :clap: :clap: