PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen the rain (For Laura)

Tamana
01-29-2005, 10:49 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-29-2005/18021_Ever_seen_the_rain.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Have you ever seen the rain (For Laura)
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: Warm Shower
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
'Til forever on it goes
through the circle fast and slow'

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!!!!

Esmeralinda
01-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Oh Tam, what a beautiful warm shower. Your paintings help me express myself. As I said before "good therapy". Thank you for that. :)

Your figures always have a DIVINE quality to them. Love how those figures appear on the canvas. Those colours are wonderful. Beautiful greens.

Linda :wave:

Wayne Gaudon
01-29-2005, 12:29 PM
like the eyes against the glass .. been there a few times watching and wishing

Dhuot
01-29-2005, 01:01 PM
BONNE FÊTE LAURA :)

Joyeux anniversaire :music: :music:
:music:

Dhuot
01-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Tam, this painting is, for me, ( also with the " homecoming " ) the best I`ve seen from you.......

OMG :eek:

Nerves !!!!!
Nerves !!!!!

Frida200
01-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Laura: Happy birthday from me also! I hope you'll have a wonderful day. :)

Tam: beauuuuuuutiful!!! That green green green is the best green green I've ever seen! :music:
I could look at this painting for hours ... like a warm shower, the perfect title.

katelynalain
01-29-2005, 01:58 PM
FANTASTIC, ...FANTASTIC..., FANTASTIC..
nice color! love it.
ps-happy birthday laura! what a nice gift...

Gilberte
01-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Cézanne holding Van Gogh's palette imagining some nudes in between ...

Gelukkige verjaardag = happy birthday, Laura !

Michael-Ann
01-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Tam I think this is quite beautiful. Invert it, and the drips become new grass growing, beginnings, life!!!! As it is, it is somewhat sad, but not in a bad way at all. It is the sadness that comes with "knowing" and "knowing" is a wonderful thing!! I love the drips! I did some for the Tsunami thing and want to do some more now...To me the drips being distinctly in the foreground and covering it, represent the thin veil that exists between ourselves and the world around us...clarity of vision exists between those drips, and in this case a lovely green earth and infinite sky-blue delight us beyond the veil.

giniaad
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I particularly love the lefter side
with a natural, yet fairytale feeling...mystic light and depth
I also like how the feeling of the rain
can also be read as impressions of trees
nice color combos

brushstroked
01-29-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm with Wayne and his watching and wishing. I don't know how many times I've pressed my forehead against a window, watching stereopticon rivulets of rain/tears roll down the glass.

This is so beautiful, Tam! I love the greens and hint of blue, and the meeting of the figures - it feels like the warmth of going home and the hope of someday being on the other side of the window. Thank you.

Thanks also everyone for joining in the birthday wishes. :)

:wave:

Artistanne
01-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Happy Birthday Laura! :wave:

Tam, this is lovely. greens beautiful as always, love the flow of the rain and the glow of the figure behind it.

Tamana
01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks so much, everyone. :) Your words always uplift and encourage me so much.

I'm glad you like it, Laura. I hope your day is blessed and bright and full of the beauty that you so deserve. Know the window will open soon...

:)

haaf
01-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Chlorophyl rain........very organic,
great colors,
bolder than yr usual,
very high like-ability
Nice trip you are on............go on !!!!!

Laura.. van harte gefeliciteerd !!

Caroline ;)

Esmeralinda
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
OH! I didn't realize it was YOUR birthday. Didn't make the connection. Sorry!
Bonne Fête à toi :music: :music: :music: :clap: Bonne Fête à toi Bonne Fête à toi Bonne Fête à toi Bonne Fête à toi Bonne Fête à toi Bonne Fête à toi Bonne Fête à toi :music: :music: :music: :clap:

I hope you have a wonderful birthday full of love, happiness and surprises.

Linda :clap:

Spyderbabe
01-29-2005, 06:53 PM
What a great gift! Happy Birthday Laura!!

pampe
01-29-2005, 07:10 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-29-2005/18021_Ever_seen_the_rain.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Have you ever seen the rain (For Laura)
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: Warm Shower
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
'Til forever on it goes
through the circle fast and slow'

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!!!!

I'm sorry for being dense but I don';t understand the dimensions???

Your colors and composition are pleasing.

I think the focal point off center works well.

laketrees
01-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Tamana .... A mystical work that makes me go greeen with envy!! :clap: :envy: :clap:
Cheers Kim

dornberg
01-29-2005, 11:53 PM
i like this track

brushstroked
01-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Anne, Caroline, Linda, Kathleen - thanks so much for the birthday wishes. It was a wonderful day. How could it be otherwise, having received a gift like this? :D

:wave:
Laura

dcorc
01-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Dave - wearing moderator hat

While birthday wishes among friends are nice, and I wouldn't want to spoil that....

can I remind all participants on this thread (and several other threads currently on the forum) that this forum is for the purpose of critique of artwork.

As general comments:

From now on, I would request that all posters of work please report the dimensions of artwork accurately in inches or cm, and give a clear indication of what aspects of the work you particularly wish to be critiqued.

If you wish to display works for "show and tell" then there are other forums, such as the WC Gallery, or for work in this style, the Ab/con forum, or in this medium, the Oils forum; which would be more appropriate.

For extended chat among friends, the site provides the Cafe Guerbois, and real-time chat-room facilities.

Dave

Tamana
01-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry for my 'slack' answer previously, guys; was REALLY on the fly then.

Linda; Thank you SO MUCH for such kind comments and using 'Divine'. I think you're good therapy too!! All light is. :)

Wayne; Amen. Well felt, my friend. Thank you. :)

Daniel; Thank you!! What a beautiful and humbling thing to say!! :D Your words ALWAYS mean so much to me!!!

Claudia; Thank you!!! I shall have to do you a greenie!! I love green; he's kind to me. Thank you for noticing and for your fantastic words!! They mean so much, as always. :)

Katelyn; THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :clap: You saying it in triplicate is phenomenal to me!!! I'm overwhelmed with appreciation! :)

Madame!!!! "Cézanne holding Van Gogh's palette imagining some nudes in between" OMG!!!

FAINTS

Whoo hooo!!!! :clap: That's TWO that noticed!!! Been really studying the paintings of the Provence ;). Feels like I'm there so close sometimes I can smell the lavender and the musky olive groves and hear my name across the ocean of wheat. THANK YOU so much. :)

Michael Ann!! OMG re: inverting!!! What a neat idea for grass!!

It is the sadness that comes with "knowing" and "knowing" is a wonderful thing!!

Amen and how and....you know. :) Yes, I saw your drips and LOVED them!! Please do more and share with us SOOOOOOON. Thanks ALWAYS for seeing beyond the veil. :)

Ginia!!! :D OMG re: trees!!! YES!! You're SO RIGHT!!

natural, yet fairytale feeling...mystic light and depth

Once upon a time; or once upon a coming time...or just once...Exactly. Thank you for seeing and saying so MUCH. :)

Laura: Echo glad you loved it. :) And that you had a wonderful day.

Anne; Thank you so MUCH! If I could I swear I'd marry green and live happily ever after!! ;) Thank you for seeing and saying.

*continued due to length (lol)*

Tamana
01-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Caroline; I like organic; great feel there. Glad you noticed the colors as well. Letting go and playing can be wonderful!! I'm enjoying the ride myself!! Thanks for the good wishes!! :)

Kathleen; Thank you, ma'am!!!! ALWAYS appreciate your eyes and words. :)

Pam; Thank you for such WONDERFUL words regarding the comp/color etc. I am an OFF-CENTER freak!!! So I'm glad it worked. lol the dimensions. I work from a book so they're the SAME until I finish the book - Actually this one was the second from a new book - 17 x 14.

Kim; Thank you!!! I bet you're a beautiful greeeeeeeeen yourself!!! :clap:

Bob; ! How exciting!! Thank you! :D

Dave; I respect your position as moderator and understand that you feel the need to reiterate the purpose of this forum; however, I do not feel your "General Comments" regarding several other threads currently on the forum are appropriate in my thread alone, but would serve the community (and that is what we are so I'm relieved you don't want to ruin birthdays or any of the other things we do for each other here, eg - portraits etc.) better as a sticky at the top of the page.

In regards to the actual requests of dimensions, I have no problem with that - I normally work from a book and my dimensions are straight across until I finish the book; however, since it seems to be a problem I'll just repeat until the book is empty. :)

In regards to specific questions, you will only be seeing reference to feeling from me, not technicalities. I am NOT looking for a technical critique (but gladly pay attention when they're offered) but an emotional one. I'm sorry but I do not wish to direct the viewer's eye to one particular thing, eg - how do the streaks look in comparision to the background etc. What I want is an immediate emotional response void of direction by me.

So, again, though I understand and respect your position and the need and the reason you've reiterated, the only thing I want to know is "What do you see or feel?" So, since it's required, rather than leaving an open end for the response, I'll simply ask the same thing from now on.

Not everything is based on technicalities, Dave. Not even in a critique forum. Or I've missed some boat somewhere. Or maybe I haven't missed the boat at all.

Thank you for taking the time to reiterate your concerns. :)

And thanks to everyone else. The sharing of your words and time are very encouraging to me. :)

sugar tree gal
01-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Tam, I love this.. what is that song.. have you ever seen rain... beatles, maybe.. anyway this is lovely.. happy birthday Laura... :wave: Janice

Tamana
01-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Creedence Clearwater Revival. Thank you for the kind words, Janice. :) Good to see you.

dcorc
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Tamana - As a Moderator here, I'd like to answer your comments, so we can have a clear and friendly understanding :)

Dave; I respect your position as moderator and understand that you feel the need to reiterate the purpose of this forum; however, I do not feel your "General Comments" regarding several other threads currently on the forum are appropriate in my thread alone, but would serve the community (and that is what we are so I'm relieved you don't want to ruin birthdays or any of the other things we do for each other here, eg - portraits etc.) better as a sticky at the top of the page.

I'm not commenting on your thread alone - you will see that I will make similar comments on other threads too, as appropriate - it is my experience that people often do not read stickies, alas, or pay them less attention than they should.

In regards to the actual requests of dimensions, I have no problem with that - I normally work from a book and my dimensions are straight across until I finish the book; however, since it seems to be a problem I'll just repeat until the book is empty.

It's a problem in that seeing an image on screen gives no idea of its size - this can have a major influence on the impact of the work when seen in real life. Giving some info about size helps others visualise a little better what the work may be like in reality.

In regards to specific questions, you will only be seeing reference to feeling from me, not technicalities. I am NOT looking for a technical critique (but gladly pay attention when they're offered) but an emotional one. I'm sorry but I do not wish to direct the viewer's eye to one particular thing, eg - how do the streaks look in comparision to the background etc. What I want is an immediate emotional response void of direction by me.

So, again, though I understand and respect your position and the need and the reason you've reiterated, the only thing I want to know is "What do you see or feel?" So, since it's required, rather than leaving an open end for the response, I'll simply ask the same thing from now on.

That's fair enough, that's an appropriate thing to ask for critique upon - again it's better not just to leave people guessing what one wants - even though you are a regular, being responded to by other regulars, there's a much broader readership for the forum, many of whom may be left feeling somewhat non-plussed (and excluded) by the oblique nature of some of the exchanges.

Not everything is based on technicalities, Dave. Not even in a critique forum. Or I've missed some boat somewhere. Or maybe I haven't missed the boat at all.

Thank you for taking the time to reiterate your concerns.

You are quite correct that not everything is based on technicalities - however, in a critique forum the expectation surely is that the principle purpose should be educational. Personally, I do have an interest in technical aspects, you are quite correct, but its certainly not my intention to try to railroad discussions here into those aspects alone - I give feedback there because most others give feedback already on other aspects, when feedback is being given at all ;)

Having hopefully clarified positions, I will now return you to your usual programming :) - Rather than discuss these issues further on this thread, which also takes it away from its purpose, I'm happy to do so by PM.

Dave