PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know good CANADIAN art schools?

Paul-sn
01-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I've read some posts about good American art schools, but haven't seen anything on good Canadian schools?
Does anybody know of any out there?

Oh, and I guess I should throw in a bit about myself and why I'm asking - I'm new to this site. I'm currently in my 2nd year of university studies (at Laurentian University in Sudbury, ON, Canada), and I'm studying biological sciences. I really do love science a lot, and find it very interesting, but I've realized I don't want a job in research (which is what I was considering for a long time). I used to love art when I was younger, but high school (especially later years) sorta threw me off that path and into the sciences, because "it's easier to find a job" in that field. Anyway, to make a long story short, I think I'd like to consider a career that mixes both arts and sciences - like medical/scientific illustration, exhibit development for museums, etc... - so I'm looking for a good school I could attend after I get my 4yr BSc.

Thanks guys!

Craig D
01-31-2005, 02:32 AM
Hi

The only place to specifically study medical illust in Canada is in Toronto.
see http://www.bmc.med.utoronto.ca/bmc/

If you are going to finish your BSc try at least to get in some art history courses and if they will let you into any studio courses.

I'm sure other people will have more suggestions. Also look over past threads as there has been discussions about Cdn schools a bit.

Craig (a former zoologist, now financial planner, trying to edge myself into career #3 in art field some day) don't ever think others don't change their minds too!