PDA

View Full Version : Young freedom (WIP)

Esmeralinda
01-30-2005, 11:52 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-30-2005/52322_WC-JP_Plage.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Young freedom (WIP)
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16X12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I fell in love with this picture of my youngest son (taken @ 14 or 15 years ago). I have many like this one that are very inspiring.
I imagined everything except the boy. I know there is still work to do but would appreciate your ideas and critiques on this before I continue, please.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think of his face ? Is it too cartoon. Does he look young enough (4 or 5 years old)
I love his pose, do you ?
The sun coming from his right was a challenge for the shadows on the sand. Realized that there wasn't enough canvas to make it more interesting. Do you think it is a problem ?
What about the overall colours and anything else you think would make this better.

Gilberte
01-30-2005, 01:18 PM
You have such an exuberant style of painting and brushstrokes plus the use of colors. After analyzing ......... (oh dear, oh dear) ....... I think the boy's left leg is a wee bit too short, or is it the right one that is too long ? Not much help is it ... :p

Esmeralinda
01-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Bonjour GG, but of course, it is great help. I will check the legs but you understand that one knee is lifted and ready to go forward. Maybe it is the shadows ??? He never could walk this one, always on the go and still is at 18 years old. :wave:

Merci et bon dimanche.

Linda :wave:

Esmeralinda
01-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Bonjour GG, but of course, it is great help. I will check the legs but you understand that one knee is lifted and ready to go forward. Maybe it is the shadows ??? He never could walk this one, always on the go and still is at 18 years old. :wave:

Merci et bon dimanche.

Linda :wave:

They were definitely not the correct length. Thank you GG.

laketrees
01-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Mmmm Linda ...have to agree on the leg. You have captured the sponteneity of the moment wonderfully!! The shadow on his face, around the nose, looks a liitle cool to me???
Cheers Kim

Esmeralinda
01-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks Kim, I'll have to fix that also.

Linda

Spyderbabe
01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
I do love this pose of little boy in action. I wish I had the nerve to paint some of my favoirte old photos of my sons. I do think his face looks a little older than 5 and his trunk a bit long for 5. I think his left leg is good and its the right one that is too long from the knee down. I'm not at all worried about the sand. We know its there and thats about enough.
Looking forward to this one :wave:

LisaArt
02-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Hi Linda, You are already aware of some little things to fix, just wanted to say hi and i love WIPS, watching this one. :)
Colours are really alive.