PDA

View Full Version : Dubya

rfoxden
01-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Found this photo on his site before the election that was free to download and use, so thought I'd try drawing it. I seem to have drawn his head more straight forward, but would appreciate any criticism as to other problems before I finish it up. See, I can do more than animals :wink2: Actually, I'd like to advertise drawing portraits for business. Teeth and ears are difficult :( , but I"ll get it. Thanks for any comments

laketrees
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
A great likeness Kim :clap: The mouth is spot on you've certainly got the teeth right!! Just a small suggestion. You could try darkening the background and leave the ears a little less detailed - that way my eyes won't be drawn to them ...but maybe that's because you mentioned them.
Cheers Kim

rfoxden
01-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Been working a little more on it..took this photo with different setting it seems to have worked better :clap:

rfoxden
01-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Another updated photo...getting close to being finished. Thanks for looking

dcorc
02-02-2005, 05:37 PM
This is a very well-done portrait with an excellent likeness, and would be a very good example for your portfolio.

(As an aside, one way of stopping people from making rash judgements about an artist's politics from their portfolio, is for that portfolio to be politically "balanced" - throw in a couple of presidents from both parties - there are plenty of great faces full of character to choose from - and then possible clients don't jump to conclusions - just a thought for when you are putting it together :) )

Dave