PDA

View Full Version : For fun, a different sort of thing.

Wayne Gaudon
01-29-2005, 06:35 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-29-2005/5946_cardinal.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: For fun, a different sort of thing.
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 14 x 11
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
just messing to see if I could do this .. saw the photo in the image gallery and thought I would like to give it a go. photo by member bswilson1147

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I was going to post anon .. whould you know it was mine?

Esmeralinda
01-29-2005, 06:50 PM
OH! Quel beau CARDINAL ROUGE! :clap:

This is so gorgeous Wayne. I love the loyalty in your colours. The RED is the most beautiful red and those leaves are just breathtaking. The bird itself reminds me of your Rooster paintings; King and proud of it.

Honestly, I am not sure but I think so because of the leaves. And also that proud expression (like your roosters).

Linda :wave:

Spyderbabe
01-29-2005, 06:51 PM
WOW - hmm maybe based on some of the knife work on the leaves...hmm but no, I wouldn't. This will be gone from eBay in no time flat! Very nicely done!!

laketrees
01-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey Wayne - maybe ya been influenced by that new red avatar of yours! The red is very, very powerful!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers Kim

woodguy
01-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Well done, Wayne :clap: Would have never guessed that it was you :) Jim

Gilberte
01-30-2005, 03:45 AM
anon ? You could have fooled me especially because of the background.

pero lane
01-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I would have never guessed it was you! Would be beautiful for your Christmas cards Wayne! :clap:

Wayne Gaudon
01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
thank you all very much ..

Pat .. what a wonderful idea .. it would be the right coloring for a Christmas card. I do think I'll look into that.

Tamana
01-30-2005, 07:23 PM
:clap: The Royal Cardinal!! That's my state's bird and we have a huge nest of them in a field right beside my office; I spend as much time looking out the window watching them as I can. They're so regal and loyal despite the seasonal changes and are ready with song even on the coldest of days when most other birds have gone for warmer suns.

I love that you've depicted him so regally in a cool setting. Wonderful!!

Wayne Gaudon
01-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks Tamana .. we have a couple that visit our yard. The female is very stunning as well. Not bold, but very beautiful in shades.

Dave Carter
01-31-2005, 01:27 PM
"...just messing to see if I could do this..." Yes, you did! Very well, too!