PDA

View Full Version : Haircut Selfportrait

mclean
01-28-2005, 10:34 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-28-2005/56171_DigitalSelfPortraitAA_01FINISHED01.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Haircut Selfportrait
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Digital
Surface: Computer
Dimension: 600x600 pixels
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
straightforward selfportrait (again) but with less hair this time.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
feedback on color choices is what i'm looking for mostly, but any feedback at all is appreciated.

Quiet
01-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Nice haircut. ;-)

Youíve got a really good grasp on how to use light to make forms look 3D. Snazzy composition, dramatic lighting on the face, nothing worked more than it has to be. The left shoulder looks oddly pointy to me, and I find myself wanting to see just a little more highlight on the eyes, lips, and maybe the nose. But only a tiny bit. Otherwise, way cool!

Color-wise, Iím usually inclined to put a cool color in the shadow if a warm color is the main source, or vice-versa. If you feel like trying a variant, that might be a fun thing to experiment with; but the image is nicely balanced as-is in the current palette of warms.

Cheers!

Mikey
01-29-2005, 07:23 AM
I think this is a great character study. For me it shows a person who is determined, focussed and able to push through problems.

MIkey

Wayne Gaudon
01-29-2005, 09:54 AM
very pop, striking, and stylish .. gathers attention quickly but I think the retention factor would be weak over time as everything is so clearly spelled out. Of course, this is only based on how I think and that changes daily. :D
Rendering, color, and attention to detail is amazing.
Great work.

pero lane
01-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Love your use of light and color in this one...very snazzy and eye-catching! :clap:

bbbilly1326
01-29-2005, 11:14 AM
I really like the graphic quality of this. Those jagged edges against the background remind me strongly of a Clifford Still painting (http://www.collegeem.qc.ca/cemdept/francais/cnoel/chb/still.html, not a great site) as do the red and black and grayish together.

As much as I like warm color and red and black, I long to see some substantial block of blue, maybe a cerulean based gray or even green somewhere here, possibly in the shirt.

Gilberte
01-29-2005, 02:50 PM
In a next life I would like to have a go at digital painting. Extremely interesting !