MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-27-2005/18021_Wheaten_2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Wheaten 2: Alternative
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A Dream
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I can dream about you
if I can't hold you tonight.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Dhuot
01-28-2005, 01:11 AM
I can dream about you
if I can't hold you tonight.

...........lovely........

The nicest blue and yellow ever

Really, what can I say ?

Frida200
01-28-2005, 01:35 AM
I looked at this for ten minutes before I even read what you wrote.
I thought "Oh, she's alone now..."
But it seemed that she is in peace, that everything will be allright.

I love this painting, for all that calm, warm atmosphere.

She's dreaming............
dreams are good.

Claudia

haaf
01-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Tamana
The concept is conveyed and understood and well liked.
.........and linnen, flax etc. comes to mind and the days Vincent described in his letters and paintings
Maybe just a little too much of scrubbing here, some more definition( emphasize some) and position of the figure a bit more comfortable.
Caroline ;)

LisaArt
01-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Oh Tam the sweetest dreams.
Agree with Daniel, nicest yellow and blue (tourquoise).
Lovely and warm. :clap:

Flattwo
01-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Fantastic...you have an interesting brain

Henry

laketrees
01-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Mmmmm........I can see a shadowy figure on the left............ looking over the reclining figure.................... or is it just a dream?? :angel:
Sweet dreams.... Tamana

Kim

Esmeralinda
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Beautiful colours ! Yellow is my favourite of all colours.
So warm and inviting. Dreams are good. :)

Linda

brushstroked
01-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh, Tam....that sheath of wheat makes me wish fields were still harvested that way. Just perfect...the dark shadowing on the left of it is a nice touch. The figure is so well done, so relaxed and...dreaming! And that moon is the same one I saw outside my window last night just above the eastern horizon - did you see it too?

And hm. If this is Wheaten 2, doesn't that imply there's a Wheaten 1? And why haven't we seen it? :confused:

Keep going, but do try to stop skipping. lol

:wave:

Tamana
01-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Daniel; sometimes there are no words; only feelings. Thank you always for feeling. And for noting the colors. :)

Claudia; Dreams are wishes your heart makes.
-- American Proverb

Even in sleep. Glad you felt warm; thank you. :)

Caroline; Thank you. You're the second person who's said something about scrubbing in reference to my work. I need to research that term and see what it entails. Thanks for the comparison, eg - Vincent. That's very exciting. I like the look too. I think the difference in this one is the crosshatch application (which isn't in the others). These are NEVER going to photograph accurately (EVER). It really is more defineable in person. Appreciate you looking and saying always.

Lisa; :D Thank you for the reiteration, eg - colors. Means a lot. Glad you too felt the warmth of her.

Henry; "Fantastic" is awesome; thank you much. :) I got my brain from some Wizard in Ozland. :cool:

Kim; "Dream a little dream for meeee....." ;) You never know :cat: Thank you for your words, Kim. Many are sweeeeet, indeed.

Linda; :wave: IT'S MINE TOO!!! I LOVE yellow - one day I want a house with warm butter walls that are textured to the finger tips like old stone. Dreams are beautiful. Thank you for saying. :)

Laura-Aura; Can you BELIEVE that I actually SAW some sheathes like that in a field (hadn't in YEARS) not far from where I lived?! I only wished I'd had a camera - I LOVE that look. And yes ma'yam. I'm an avid moon gazer; "Somewhere out there..." :)

Oopsa. Yes, there's a Wheaten, but she's in my private collection.
I'll see what I can do about you seeing it. ;)

I'll try not to skip anymore. :cool: Thank you always for your words. Love them.

And thanks again to everyone for your wonderful support and encouragement and suggestions. Means a great deal -- more than you know.

mmmwahs.

giniaad
01-29-2005, 03:07 PM
lovely... :wave:

Gilberte
01-29-2005, 03:11 PM
The sun and the wheat and the figure depict a comfortable triangle of peace. More blending, less lines and scratches equals good, better, bestest !

Lisaanne
01-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Oooh! It glows! I love the figure and that the color is removed! Beautiful!

Wayne Gaudon
01-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Beautiful escape into dreamland .. it has a sense of Van Gogh's peasants resting under the haystack .. very peaceful

YLCIA
01-29-2005, 10:13 PM
And golden blessings of peace upon you, my friend:)

Julia

dcorc
01-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Tamana - with reference to the term "scrubbing" - what is your method for producing these paintings? - the impression which they give, from viewing the photograph (which admittedly may be misleading), is that you have a roughly stroked-in somewhat textured white base, which I would now assume to be the gesso layer - this seems to have been applied as two coats, one horizontal, and one vertical - I would guess that you have next applied fairly diluted paint as a wash, which has stained the gesso - and then pushed the colour around with brushes ("scrubbing"), or rags or perhaps with fingers, in order to suggest the forms - some areas may have been wiped back out, to some extent, with solvent? Does this description bear any resemblance to your working practice?

Dave

Tamana
01-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Wow!! So MANY WONDERFUL replies!!! So encouraging!

Ginia!!!! :wave: Thank you!!!

Madame!! So you like, how you say, ze soft touch vs. ze rough, hey?! ;) Thank you, Madame!!! Always love your words; they make me feel warm inside.

Lisaanne!! So GOOD to see you back 'roun he'yah!! Thank you for the wonderful observations. Appreciated muchly. :)

Wayne!!! Van Gogh!!! SIGH!!!! Yes...exactly - in the Provence. :) Been studying his and others who painted there extensively; especially their use of color - it's almost like I feel I've been there and can relate. Thank you SO MUCH for those words and your other kind ones; they mean much to me. :)

J'wels!!! Gosh I'VE MISSED YOU!!! Glad you're getting back around!! Peace love light joy hope and HAPPINESS to you too, my friend. Something has told me that this is YOUR year coming up!! Paint paint paint!!! :D

Dave; LOL!! Actually I spent a few hours last night looking up the techniques of the term (and scumbling (which I had read a bit about over in the oils and had confused with scrubbing when it was mentioned)). In reference to your question: Yes and No.

Yes, I do apply gesso to paper :cool: (tee hee here we go again!!!)

No, I do NOT dilute my paint (though I do use various mediums at times) with anything nor do I use a solvent.

Yes, I do apply the paint with a brush.

No, I do NOT use fingers (unless it's my nails for scratching!) or rags.

So, the answer would be yes and no, you see. :cool: And as far as how I do it EXACTLY, well, a girl's gotta retain some mystery, don't cha think?! :eek: It was interesting to read about the techniques, though. And something to consider playing around with in the future, or, combining them with what I already do. :cool:

Thanks again to EVERYONE for your wonderful comments and suggestions; they are MUCH appreciated!! :wave: