GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Reflect
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 60x36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Largest I've worked on. I enjoyed it for the most part.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Does anyone else think parking lots can be beautiful?

Dana Design
01-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Yes, parking lots CAN be beautiful especially when you depict them in your own special way.

I love photorealism and am really in awe of anyone who can achieve these effects. Simply amazing! Pretty big, also!!

As with your last painting, I'd swear that it's right here in Chicken City!! I know those buildings, those signs, and those puddles.

Excellent work. Did I say I love this?

dornberg
01-28-2005, 12:22 AM
a lot of elements orchestrayed with excitement

LisaArt
01-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Oh Lisa, This is outstanding work. :clap:
The puddles are my favourite. The lighting here is spectacular. You are very talented.
Wow, and acrylic. I just started in Acrylics and I am having a hard time with them. Especially drying time and blending..

And As Dana said, yes, parking lots CAN be beautiful especially when you depict them in your own special way.

cryla
01-28-2005, 05:48 AM
I never thought I'd feel compelled to say something nice about a picture of a supermarket carpark but this is amazing! I agree with Lisa - the puddles are fantastic. Especially the tiny details like the litter and the reflected cloud.

artinoils
01-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Your color sense and choice of the subject that everyone relates to makes this interesting. Nice work!

laketrees
01-28-2005, 08:57 AM
A super duper work and you certainly have turned that carpark into a work of art!! :D :D
Cheers Kim

Esmeralinda
01-28-2005, 09:07 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Oh my God ! :clap: :clap: Beautiful work ! :clap:

Quiet
01-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Could you do an acrylics tutorial sometime? Or an acrylics classroom? Pretty please? I would love to know how you get such an oil-like look with acrylics. Cherry on top?

Moosehead
01-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Fantastic piece. Gotta find the sun coming out after a rain to get those great puddle reflections. They really make the painting. I've said it before, and I'll say it again-it takes real talent to take what would seemingly be a mundane scene and turn it into a work of art-you have certainly done so here. Bravo!

pero lane
01-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Only you could turn a parking lot into a masterpeice!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

katelynalain
01-28-2005, 01:20 PM
beautiful painting! you've really caught that reflective light. superb. ok. one itsy bitsy little miniscule thing. this is really a nit pik galore, but there's something bothering me about the perspective of the back of the white car. the tire on the left is on a higher plane than the one on the right and comes across as thinner. i think its such a minor thing that you can ignore. maybe its a spare! no problem. just take a tiny look at your reference again and if that's how it is ignore me. love it! very talented.

Gavinart
01-28-2005, 01:22 PM
This must have taken a lot of time to do. Wonderful painting!

Bravo!

Andrew Rance
01-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Fantastic work - goes to prove there is something worth painting just about everywhere you look!

Joi
01-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Dana Design> Thank you very much :D

dornberg> That was what I was hoping for!

LisaArt> Thank you! Acrylics have a very specific feel to them, I paint differently in acrylics than oils. It took me a while to figure out how to use the drying time to my advantage. I hope you stick with them :)

cryla> Thank you!

artinoils> Thanks :)

Kim> Thank you!

Esmeralinda> I'm glad you enjoy it!

Quiet> I have done in-progress shots in the past of my work to show how I build up my paintings. Maybe I will organize my process as a tutorial sometime. If you have specific questions, feel free to drop me a note :)

Moosehead> Thank you! I hope to give others a glimps of how I view these scenes.

pero lane> I'm just crazy enough to try ;)

katelynalain> Thank you. That back end of the car is bothering me too, so it definantly isn't just you. You'ved helped me sort of figure out why it is bothering me. There are a couple other things I would like to fix, so I will go back into this. Thanks!

Gavinart> Thankfully no longer than normal, but that is a relative way to define things ;)

Andrew Rance> I believe it!

xavier
01-28-2005, 06:46 PM
It's in the eye of the beholder.This eye says its a wonderful piece of
painting.I really like it! :clap:

Michael-Ann
01-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Lisa this is amazing! I love that clean-crisp-clarity after a rain and when the sun bursts out...man you nailed this one so well. Reflections of reflections of reflections :D

The Joi of light!!!

Tamana
01-28-2005, 11:54 PM
So gorgeously bright you have to squint your eyes!! :cool:
Just phenomenal use of color/light.

Gilberte
01-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Phenomenal = the right word.
NOTHING ELSE TO ADD :clap: :clap: :clap:

giniaad
01-29-2005, 03:26 PM
"Does anyone else think parking lots can be beautiful?"
they can be if they are painted by you...
fantastico!!!!!

(puddles do make for better visuals)
masterful work

Artistanne
01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah Joi!!!! Woo-hoo...you just motivated me to finally get to the supermarket (I'll be bringing my camera). Love it, as I love all of your work...bravo!!!! :clap: :wave: