Title: Revision of commissioned painting
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: med
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Second picture is the revised one.
The painting wasn't so bad to repair after all.

Thanks again for your help.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Do you think it is better now ?

Frida200
01-27-2005, 05:34 PM
YES!!!
:clap:
It IS better, very nice now, the bigger people are great, good good you changed their size...

and you DID throw in some yellow in the grass! YAY!!!
:D
LOL

Claudia

Are YOU happy with it now, Linda?

purplepansey
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
I like the painting a lot; your style is very nice. I'll bet the people you did this for will be happy with it.

strychnine
01-27-2005, 07:00 PM
As I was scrolling down I saw the top of the "now" version and thought it was your reference photograph! Everything looks so much more clear and solid and the two figures have that little bit of extra importance--this is a big improvement.

Honestly, I thought the first version was great and didn't personally see a pressing need to change it--but the suggestions others gave you definitely worked. I'll bet your customers will be thrilled. :)

Tamana
01-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I love how he watches her (as though silently asleep) watching the world. Just beautiful, Linda. The grass is breathtaking! I can smell the wild of flowers; such a beautifully intimate spot to remember a life as one begun. I just love your figurative work -- it's so inspiring to me.

Well done!!! :wave: :D

katelynalain
01-27-2005, 07:14 PM
nice finish!!! looks great. i love the canopy of the tree overhead. so well done.

LisaArt
01-28-2005, 04:35 AM
Oh Linda, Bravo a super finish. :clap: You did a great job adjusting the woman. They will be thrilled.!!!
Like the yellow you added to the grass great touch.
Although they are far apart, you can feel their closeness as they marvel at their beautiful sourroundings....Tres Tres romantic et Jolie!

BTW...The colours in they sky, water and mountain bacground seem different from the original painting picture. I am presuming that is just the digi photo quality.

Esmeralinda
01-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Thank you all so much for your encouragement. :clap:

Yes, I am happier now with it. The recent revised painting has the most accurate colours. Made sure by putting the painting next to the computer.

You're all so great ! :wave:

Linda :wave:

laketrees
01-28-2005, 09:42 AM
You have really illuminated your painting......a great result Linda!! :clap:
Cheers Kim

Esmeralinda
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Thank you. I feel so much more confident now.

Linda (sorry the smilies are not working) but imagine me with

a large smile !

Gilberte
01-29-2005, 03:17 PM
What an improvement ! BRAVISSIMO !

brushstroked
01-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! She seems not so small and far away now. He seems content to let her go, but anxious for her return. Well done, Linda!! They'll LOVE it. :D

haaf
01-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Yep...much more coherent.
Assume you would have taken it further when produced for yourself.
Wrap it , ssip it and it's a been there done that.
Caroline ;)

Esmeralinda
01-29-2005, 06:41 PM
GG, Laura, Caroline; Thank you so very much.

Yes, I would absolutely have taken it further ........... As you say Caro, move on. :wave:

Merci beaucoup :clap:

Spyderbabe
01-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Fantastic! You really made a huge difference - feel good! Very good!!!

dcorc
01-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I think you have improved this painting very considerably - among other things, the woman's eye-level is now at the horizon line, which means that the perspective and viewpoint make a great deal more sense than they did previously. The addition of yellow ground-cover in the foreground also enhances the aerial perspective, and the redrafting of the fence is also an improvement.

Dave

pampe
01-30-2005, 05:18 PM
To answer your question, I think it is SERIOUSLY better!

There is a pth that takes my eye into the setting...there is a place for my eye to rest ....and my eye loves the value clarification you did

LOVELY work!

Pam