PDA

View Full Version : Turn

Glenn Durrance
01-27-2005, 03:31 PM
I am new to this liberating style of painting. For years I did not get it. Art is much more than what your eyes tell you. I have learned to feel what I see. I have learned that any piece that sparks an emotion is of value, especially in this jaded time in which we exist.
This on is oil on paper. I started playing with the pallet and this fell out of my head. Please give me some feedback on this.
Thank you.

Glenn Durrance
01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I am new to this liberating style of painting. For years I did not get it. Art is much more than what your eyes tell you. I have learned to feel what I see. I have learned that any piece that sparks an emotion is of value, especially in this jaded time in which we exist.
This on is oil on paper. I started playing with the pallet and this fell out of my head. Please give me some feedback on this.
Thank you.

I guess no one likes your stuff Glenn.

pearlgirl
01-27-2005, 10:23 PM

Ouch Glenn! How do I compete with your own critique. I'm still very new to this stuff called art, although the word I'm choosing to use, in my case, is creativity.

I like the concept and muted colours in this. Hope to see more of your work. It's a brave step (in my opinion) to start posting art work. Well done.

Welcome to our forum.

debbi_carr
01-27-2005, 10:27 PM
that isn't necessarily so. sometimes i like something but need some time to absorb before commenting...sometimes i think "nice, but dang it i can't bother commenting right now"...sometimes a work doesn't do anything much for me so i don't comment and sometimes i absolutely do not like what i see and therefore do not comment. but then again, sometimes i comment on what it is about something i don't like. whatever. all i'm saying is what you said isn't necessarily true.

as for my reaction to this...it doesn't feel fully developed...to me it seems abandoned prematurely...like some of your flowers are calling out for more colour...some more attention. why do i feel this way? perhaps because the background seems a little muddy...maybe if it was a fresher looking background the muted colour of the flowers wouldn't look so out of place.

debbi_carr
01-27-2005, 10:29 PM
oh and... WELCOME :D

Unbeliever
01-27-2005, 11:35 PM
nice one glenn

i can smell the flowers

i wonder if your lovely work would be even more exciting if there was a distinct point of interest(s)

lovely work

chandlerjr
01-28-2005, 12:20 AM

Glenn,
Don't be so hard on yourself. Actually, it is a very nice piece. I like your use of almost pastel colors. The composition is interesting to look at. I would suggest more boldness in your design and use of color. Paint, paint, paint--and you will start to let loose your emotions and pour them onto the canvas.
Larry C.

themanda
01-28-2005, 12:34 AM
it's like rock candy...hard crystals of color

debbi_carr
01-29-2005, 05:28 PM
look at all the comments you got! :D

Koert
01-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I really like some of the flowers, especially the blue one in the bottom right corner
i dig the colours too
but i find the composition a bit to "organised". At first i was gonna say "symmetrical", but that wasn't the right word. I would have liked it better i think if the flowers were more scattered across the surface, rather than in three rows

Tamana
01-30-2005, 11:24 PM
look at all the comments you got! :D

Miss Debbi C is our intergalactic cheerleader.

I have learned to feel what I see. I have learned that any piece that sparks an emotion is of value, especially in this jaded time in which we exist.

Hoozah.

Now if we could learn to SEE what we feel and thus convey it we'd be cookin' hey? "Getting it" takes time getting to know it. And even then you'll only know it then and always be striving to know it more. Like a little taste of heaven that leaves you yearning for one more taste...and so forth.

In the words of the immortal Cat (except revised by Tam) - "The first [post] is the deepest."

Now show us what else you're getting to know.