PDA

View Full Version : Distant Gaze

Lisaanne
01-27-2005, 02:25 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-27-2005/35661_Distant_Gaze.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Distant Gaze
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18 X 18
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Quick like a bunny! Conception to execution in one day. This painting wanted to come into existence, I tell ya.

I really like the electric complimentary colors, the fields of color and the play of the lines. Once again, I'm exploring the way sunlight plays across the face, creating almost abstract shapes.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Color harmony and weight?

Impressions?

Tamana
01-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Good to see you back, Lisaanne!!! :wave: Wondered 'bout cha!

This is very emotive; great eyes but the mouth detracts it some for me. I like the vertical interplay of hot/warm/cool; it flows downward like a riverfall. The facial features (eg - eyes etc.) horizontalized is a nice contrast. That blue viewer's right adds perfect balance. Love the nose tip!

Dhuot
01-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi Lisaanne, `s been a while!!

I like her look a lot. She seems to have nice hair LOL
It`s strange how different people like it in different ways, I like the mouth.
She looks like Sophie Marceau...good good

Daniel

Lisaanne
01-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Dhout, you are right! It is funny how different people like different things. Like Tamana likes the nose, but my husband wants more out of it. I just hope not everybody is distracted by something!

I think I nailed the right size for the painting. It has impact but still feels comfortable. I ordered a frame for it today.

I'm gonna go take a peek at what's happening over in the abstract forum, before moving on to other things this evening!

Thanks for the comments!