PDA

View Full Version : Autumn scene-reworked

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-26-2005/52322_WC-Autumn_road.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: You might need sunglasses !
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16X20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Inspired by my surroundings again.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Do you think it is too bright ? And whatever you see that can make it better.

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Forgot to ask: do you think the shadows of the trees on the road are too dark ? I'm not quite sure. :confused:

Wayne Gaudon
01-26-2005, 12:25 PM
not too bright .. But ....

2 things come to mind and both related .. seldom do you see so many perfectly straight trees and then there is the shadows of the trees .. shadows will fall and rise with the land and as this is a forest floor it will be anything but flat as the shadows indicate .. little things but they cheapen the artistic talent of a good artist. You are capable of better. :wave:
On the tree trunks add some of those lovely colors .. everythings a rainbow of reflection and all those beautiful colors will show up in those tree trunks in darker and lighter values. Random is the key.

pero lane
01-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Nothing can ever be "too" bright or colorful!! :evil: :D I agree with Wayne on the few things that need tweeking...like the tree shadows...they seem very straight...needing to follow the lay of the land and softened on the edges. Other than that this is really great!! :)

Spyderbabe
01-26-2005, 01:13 PM
What Wayne said :p
It's an unusual composition, such strong verticals, laced at the bottom. Me likes :p

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Thank you for opening my eyes guys !

Is this looking better ? This painting is so thick, it's difficult to scrape or add but I did manage some.

Thanks a big lot. :D

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but it isn't uploading even though I changed the title. I'll just repost.

newfieyankee
01-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Do really enjoy the crispness of the color, the vibrancy that keeps my eyes looking for the Autumn breezes that can be felt. Dont really have any problems with the tree trunks as they have a nice contre-point in color and steadfastness againsnt the rustling foliage. Will back up all the preceding about the bar like shadows flatenned against the lane. Fun to look at. Thanks.

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 01:41 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-26-2005/52322_WC-Chemin_automne.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Autumn scene-reworked
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16X20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm not very good with computers. Can't even attach a picture. Went through edit, maybe I should go through reply ???

Anyhow here is a revised painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'll try to work a little more on it ref: top right, too many straight truncs.
What do you think ?

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Thank you for your comments Newphieyankee! What a funny name :D

I just posted a revision if you're interested that is.

Linda :wave:

Wayne Gaudon
01-26-2005, 01:49 PM
great comeback .. the shadows are random and lighter as only bits of light would escape such thick foilage, the tree trunks have color and tree shapes .. great stuff .. don't worry about the top corner as parts can be straight, just not wholes. I'll be realy picky and suggest a little muted ultramarine blue and vir green in your shadows. :D

Gilberte
01-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Never too bright for me. I love it ! You just break up those shadows and it's done.

Rieko
01-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Wow, I love the juicy autumn foliage colors. The shades are not too dark but like everybody said, I think you need to touch them up. Otherwise, it's joyful to see!

LisaArt
01-26-2005, 03:14 PM
OHHHH Linda, Great work on the shadows now....
I love the colours, not to bright at all...I love that style. I keep looking and looking at all those leaves...so vibrant. I can almost touch them coming out at me on the monitor. :D
I love this one so much. I would hang that in my house...
Bravo ma belle.
How long did this take to make...It would take me a whole year ...i think.. :D

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 04:05 PM
I feel better with it also. Wish I could have seen the problem though. But then again I wouldn't be sharing with you fantastique people. :clap: I am even learning new English words (like Daniel, I have my French-English ditionary always next to my computer).

BTW, whoever united my two postings together I thank a lot (Who and How?)

Thank you so so so so much. :wave:

Linda

artinoils
01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Love the color and the scene.
Maybe it's me but would try to have the shadow cross the road especially in the foreground. Those trees are only casting shadows from their trunks not their foliage. Would also make the lights pop more in the middle.

Gavinart
01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Sweet painting.

YLCIA
01-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Beautiful painting:) Agree with Susan comments.

Julia

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Artinoils, Gavinart, YLCIA; thanks for looking and commenting. :)

I think I'll put the painting away for a few days (I'll be too busy anyways with other stuff) and look at it with a more objective eye.

Thanks for all your help. Linda :wave: