MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-25-2005/5946_water.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sideways But Moving
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16 x 20 inches
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Still clinging to the old more than I want but finding ways to get some new gestures in ..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
??

Tamana
01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
This reminds me of the blue flowers one where it was indicative of a photograph being blurred out behind the object of focus. The forground is wonderful but the background lacks something that the other didn't. I think the other was more freestyle application and not as muted in colors.

LisaArt
01-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi Wayne, The water is great. Beautiful lighting and colour. The foreground is just popping out at me...good stuff.

I agree with Tam about the far background. Something is missing. :confused:

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Bonjour Wayne,

Nice painting. The turquoise in the water is what I prefer mostly. Very nice foreground.

Agree with the background, seems too diluted.

Linda :wave:

haaf
01-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi Wayne
I do like the colors, especially the red in the dirt.
You will get it combining the two, no doubt
Between almost half and one third crop from the left.......what do you think?
Caroline ;)

Wayne Gaudon
01-26-2005, 08:37 AM
thanks Tamana, Lisa, Linda, & Caroline

I had the background with extened fields, a little pond, a mountain, and I thought it was far too Kincade so I took it all out. My idea was to have no focus on the background but I guess I left it too bland. I can add to it so it's not a problem.

Caroline .. cropping is tough as it's board but if you point to the weak spot I'm sure I can improvise. Are you saying keep the viewer left side over to about the middle of the foreground tree as the right side is the weak spot?

Later,

haaf
01-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Wayne.........was thinking this........chop chop :D

Wayne Gaudon
01-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Caroline, yes, I see .. and with the color you posted the background could stay empty of detail .. I'll have to measure that out and see if I chop it can I still work the size to a standard frame. Thanks for the thoughts.

Wayne Gaudon
01-26-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2005/5946-water.jpg

rfoxden
01-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Now you're on the right track...the painting has a lot more to draw the eye into it and keep it there. Deepening the colors made it more interesting to me, too, but I'm quite fond of darker colors. Nice job :)

Esmeralinda
01-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Wayne, like your new avatar pic. :D

And also the revised painting. I feel a tropical mood to it. Everything seems more connected.

How do you attach a second picture/painting to a thread. Through reply or edit or ... ?

Linda :wave:

Gilberte
01-27-2005, 05:06 AM
Oh Wayne, that plant makes me think of barbed wire :crying: ... maybe because today it's a remembrance day in Auschwitz where so many peopled died ...

Wayne Gaudon
01-27-2005, 06:08 AM
thanks all

Linda .. through reply .. then if you look up top on one of the menu bars you will see Quick Links .. click the down arrow and use image uploader.

Gilberte .. yes, our moods depict how we see. It's rather shamefull the number of deaths caused by our fellow peoples who get lost to greed and power.