PDA

View Full Version : Scared to show this.....eeeeeeek

VanArt
01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Never posted on this forum before.... New member... Really intimidated... I have been lurking around looking at everyone's posts and overwhelmed with all of the talent. I only hope to become half as good. This is a recent painting I worked on over the past couple of days. Obviously I like bold colors. All comments are welcome.

Delsol
01-25-2005, 07:15 PM
VanArt, I like this very much. It almost feels like a cave painting - as if it tells a story of some kind; makes the veiwer want to look twice. The colors are powerful and emotional. Thank you for sharing!

d-head
01-25-2005, 07:21 PM
seems to me you've found a good place to show your work. Nice shapes and balance. I like the black drips. What size is this and the medium?

VanArt
01-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Delsol, thank you for making me feel welcome.

d-head, thank you for your comments. This is done on canvas 16x20. I outlined the design in acrylics and finished in oil.

:)

Smileawhyl
01-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I love bold color myself. Welcome to ab/con.

I like this and look forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

minimonkey
01-25-2005, 09:19 PM
welcome! Don't be intimidated to post, please...

I'm new too, and just started posting myself. I love the colors in this piece -- I agree with the cave painting impression -- not sure I would have come up with that myself, but now that is how I see it....

michaelangeloglass
01-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Very nice

My stuff (http://www.agent155.com/)

MountainSong
01-26-2005, 03:53 AM
VanArt - Welcome to the Basement! It's great to have you with us. Pssst...Donít be intimidated - we only bite on full moons usually! :D

Personally I think bold colors and abstracts go hand in hand. :p This is a hot piece to be coming into the forum with - good job! 'Will be watching for more. :)