GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Mauritian Woman - Finished Study
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I finished the study. But I wonder if the background can be a little lighter?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think?

Londondeon
01-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Well, I really like it, but I wouldn't go lighter, maybe darker. I also feel it needs some areas where the edges are lost into the backgrounds. Like the edge of the neck lost into the shadows of the scarf. some of the scarf lost into the background, thus eliminating the "cutout" collage feel of the image.

Nice feeling of light and good quality of the skin tones and folds of the scarf.
Londondeon

Gilberte
01-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Londondeon's reply already shows some more darks or is this just on my screen only and ... indeed it looks better.
Good work Rieko, I like it a lot !

Mikey
01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi Rieko, Londondeon's shadow makes a tremendous improvement to this beautiful painting.

Mikey

laketrees
01-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Rieko :clap: I agree with all of the above! :clap:
Cheers Kim

Andrew Rance
01-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Excellent work! - I particularly like the folds of the scarf and the expression of the face. The background? Don't really know, but if it were mine I would be tempted to bring the green (suggestion of foliage?) around to the top left corner of the picture.

Esmeralinda
01-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Hello Rieko,

This is very very nice and I agree with the darker background.

Did you show this painting to your friend yet ? She will be please, I'm sure.

Linda :wave:

Rieko
01-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Londondeon, thank you very much! I'm going to print out your example and work on it. Appreciate it.

Gilberte, thank you always. :)

Mikey, I appreciate your support.

Kim, thank you!

Andrew, yes, it's a group of foliage. And it was one of the places I had a question. When I make the background darker, I put your thought in consideration. Thank you for your comment, which helped me to clear my question.

Linda, yes, I told her to come over. She's my yoga teacher and a friend. I hope she likes it. :) And thanks!

Tamana
01-26-2005, 12:09 AM
She's coming along beautifully, Rieko!! :D Can't wait to see what you do with her!!! I do agree that the darl background would enhance it greatly!! Please show us the finished piece.

LisaArt
01-26-2005, 04:33 AM
Hi Reiko, Great work. I like the light and very good work on the skin tones and folds of the scarf. Your friend will be so delighted.

Rieko
01-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Tamana, well I guess it's coming along... I hope. I may need to go darker than this below. Thanks for encouragement. :)

Lisa, thanks! You are so nice. BTW, I love your tiny head :D :music:

What do you think? I shall go darker than that? Maybe so...

Whoops, no image; here it is.

Londondeon
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I would still try to loose that neck edge into the shadow (lost edges) as in the example I posted earlier. Then it is finished.
Londondeon