PDA

View Full Version : "Cold Cut's"....WIP

woodguy
01-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Just started a new one so I thought that I would post some of the progress pics. Here are the first couple of photos from the start. I would like to hear comments and suggestions as this moves forward so let me know what you think. Thanks, Jim

16 x 24, oil on MDF.

Quiet
01-24-2005, 11:42 PM
It quietly makes me re-think my meat-eating habits. Is that your intent?

(There shouldn't be an apostrophe in the title, by the way.)

LisaArt
01-25-2005, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=Quiet]It quietly makes me re-think my meat-eating habits. Is that your intent?
QUOTE]

Thats funny,

Hi Jim, Another one I will enjoy to follow, I really like the WIPs it really helps my work.
Cant say anything now, moving forward nicely.

pero lane
01-25-2005, 09:58 AM
:D appropiate title! :D Lookin' good so far Jim!

shirleyq
01-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I think Lisa meant moooooooooooving forward :D :D
It is hard to critique your progress pics other than to say that the images are very cowlike. I am noticing more diagonals now since you mentioned it in another post and can see how that helps your composition. :)

woodguy
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Thank you, Quiet, Lisa, Pat and Shirley! No, no..my intent is not to change anyones eating habits...just to paint an interesting picture of some cows...cold cows, that is :) So, in Shirley's words, I've moooooved on. Here is the next stage. I have blocked everything in and I have changed my light from warm to cool in keeping with the theme of this painting. I think all that is left to do is to address detail and highlight. Sounds simple, but we shall see :evil: Jim

mattlart
01-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Jim,.you can truly paint ANYTHING. ;) !

I love this.

And, in addition, I sense the influence of one of our favorites......

I'm seeing an Andy Wyethesque foreground. :)

Great work Jim. Cheers,-Scott

woodguy
01-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the very kind comments, Scott! Hope all is well with you and Lisa. A.W. influences abound in my paintings, especially that loose, but controlled dry brush. I have taken this one a bit farther. I thought that maybe it was done, but after looking at it as a digital image I realize that I need to do a bit more, especially to the mid-tones on the cows. Give me a half hour and it will be done :evil: Jim

woodguy
01-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Done and posted in the "Open Critique Forum" Jim